How to Simplify My Record Keeping

BillW
3StarLounger

How to Simplify My Record Keeping

Post by BillW »

Years ago I installed LastPass and began using it to record any info I wanted to be able to retrieve at a later date. I am many years older now and I can't remember how to get access to the things I saved in LastPass and I have to pay a continuing fee in order to keep LastPass active in my laptop. I imagine LastPass was free back when I started using it.

Is there some other program that I could switch to that is free to the simple user where I could record my information? I really don't need a high security program like LastPass at this point in my life.

I appreciate any suggestions.

BillW

HansV
Administrator

Re: How to Simplify My Record Keeping

Post by HansV »

If security is not important, you might use Notepad, OneNote, Word, Excel, or Google Keep, whichever you feel most comfortable with...
Best wishes,
Hans

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

If you want a :free: password manager then you might want to investigate PasswordSafe:
    https://pwsafe.org/
I've used it for years.

Yes, it's primarily for storing passwords but each entry has a comments field so you can store simple notes if you want.

Ken

BillW
3StarLounger

Post by BillW »

Stuck/Kin,
Thanks for the suggestion. I had forgotten the PasswordSafe name. Now I can begin to switch over to it.

Thanks,
BillW

PJ_in_FL
5StarLounger

Post by PJ_in_FL »

You might also look into KeePass. I've used both PWSAFE and KEEPASS. PWSAFE is very good for more straightforward uses. KEEPASS with it's programmability and extensibility can be adapted to a lot more varied uses.

Just like ice cream, everyone has their favorites. Such as Salted Carmel, right Chris?
PJ in (usually sunny) FL

Teunis
3StarLounger

Post by Teunis »

Bitwarden does it also for free,

Regards Teunis

robertocm
Lounger

Post by robertocm »

BillW wrote:
12 Sep 2023, 12:33
Is there some other program that I could switch to that is free to the simple user where I could record my information?
I'd vote for a simple excel file with an opening password.