Update: Firefox 92.0 released

Post by HansV »

Best wishes,
Hans

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Re: Update: Firefoxc 92.0 released

Post by stuck »

Noted, but if I don't explicitly check for this update then there's a good chance that by the time it rolls out to me v92.0.1, or even v92.0.2, will be out :laugh:

Ken

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Inevitably...
Best wishes,
Hans

Argus
GoldLounger

Post by Argus »

John Gray wrote:
12 Aug 2021, 07:15
The downside of Firefox 91 is that, even with the settings
* browser.proton.enabled
* browser.proton.contextmenus.enabled

set to False, the Bookmark entries have become 'double-spaced' again, and lengthy Bookmark menus have to be scrolled.
Argus wrote:
12 Aug 2021, 08:40
But in this case I can agree with you, at the same time as I have my own pet peeves, even though I have long given up to keep that kind of control. :grin: I have, of course, plenty of different folders in the Bookmark menu; the main menu, and perhaps a couple of the folders have to be scrolled at rare times.
Arrgh. :groan: Now I'm with you, John Gray. 100 %.

I don't know about other loungers, but I have a couple of folders in the bookmark toolbar (not only "show more bookmarks" or what it's called, and that's not a folder); obviously there for easy access.

I can't say that I've noticed any gigantic spacing the Bookmark menu, but a bit, in older updates. But this in the bookmark toolbar is pushing it quite a bit.

So are we supposed to jump through several steps to undo a change that wasn't necessary on a desktop or laptop?
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/691 ... ace-proble

Have too much to do for a week or so than to play peekaboo with Mozilla's products.
Byelingual    When you speak two languages but start losing vocabulary in both of them.

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

Argus wrote:
13 Sep 2021, 15:29
...So are we supposed to jump through several steps to undo a change that wasn't necessary on a desktop or laptop?...
See here for a solution:
https://www.eileenslounge.com/viewtopic ... 71#p286671

Ken

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

I use this Firefox CSS tweaks in https://github.com/Aris-t2/CustomCSSforFx/releases/ having enabled the fix to cause the bookmarks menu spacing to be reduced in the file userChrome.css
/* JG invoke the popup_compact_menus.css JG */
@import "./css/generalui/popup_compact_menus.css"; /**/

Since these CSS tweaks are updated quite frequently, I have written a BATch file (surprise!) to automate almost all of the update function.
John Gray

Venison is quiet deer, and quite dear.

Argus
GoldLounger

Post by Argus »

Thank you, gentlemen.

Speaking of scrolling, that is quite a lengthy thread, Ken (and as I alluded above my patience is running thin with Mozilla*, :grin:), where are the lines I was going to type ... :smile: when I saw you mentioned user wyxchari. I really don't have much patience now. I saw your post around a month ago, but since this was something new in 92 ... I didn't try it.

I've already got a chrome folder, yay, probably from anno dazumal (did some other tweak a couple of years ago, of course as a result of something changed by Mozilla). And I already had toolkit.legacyUserProfileCustomizations.stylesheets set to true, spooky, or not.

I created the file with the content that was given. Much better now, thank you Ken.

I'll take a look at what is possible and shown at github when I have some extra time, John.

This house of cards will fall down some day.

* As when I jumped browser version on my Android, from 6x.0-something to 88-something and it completely reshuffled my bookmarks, yay, and there's no way to move bookmarks around in the list, double-yay. Not that there are that many of them. And someone says you can always sync with your computer, which by the way includes having a Mozilla account; as if we use the same bookmarks on Desktops and phones, as if I would like to export 1,200 bookmarks to my phone, and expose 'em for third parties etc. etc.instead of adding something useful to the Android version. (Perhaps it's possible to export a limited set of bookmarks to an html and import on the phone, the old fashioned way, but I haven't checked; still gobsmacked months later.)
Byelingual    When you speak two languages but start losing vocabulary in both of them.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Best wishes,
Hans