Update: Firefox 92.0 released

Post by HansV »

Regards,
Hans

stuck
UraniumLounger

Re: Update: Firefoxc 92.0 released

Post by stuck »

Noted, but if I don't explicitly check for this update then there's a good chance that by the time it rolls out to me v92.0.1, or even v92.0.2, will be out :laugh:

Ken

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Inevitably...
Regards,
Hans

Argus
GoldLounger

Post by Argus »

John Gray wrote:
12 Aug 2021, 07:15
The downside of Firefox 91 is that, even with the settings
* browser.proton.enabled
* browser.proton.contextmenus.enabled

set to False, the Bookmark entries have become 'double-spaced' again, and lengthy Bookmark menus have to be scrolled.
Argus wrote:
12 Aug 2021, 08:40
But in this case I can agree with you, at the same time as I have my own pet peeves, even though I have long given up to keep that kind of control. :grin: I have, of course, plenty of different folders in the Bookmark menu; the main menu, and perhaps a couple of the folders have to be scrolled at rare times.
Arrgh. :groan: Now I'm with you, John Gray. 100 %.

I don't know about other loungers, but I have a couple of folders in the bookmark toolbar (not only "show more bookmarks" or what it's called, and that's not a folder); obviously there for easy access.

I can't say that I've noticed any gigantic spacing the Bookmark menu, but a bit, in older updates. But this in the bookmark toolbar is pushing it quite a bit.

So are we supposed to jump through several steps to undo a change that wasn't necessary on a desktop or laptop?
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/691 ... ace-proble

Have too much to do for a week or so than to play peekaboo with Mozilla's products.
Byelingual    When you speak two languages but start losing vocabulary in both of them.

stuck
UraniumLounger

Post by stuck »

Argus wrote:
13 Sep 2021, 15:29
...So are we supposed to jump through several steps to undo a change that wasn't necessary on a desktop or laptop?...
See here for a solution:
https://www.eileenslounge.com/viewtopic ... 71#p286671

Ken

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

I use this Firefox CSS tweaks in https://github.com/Aris-t2/CustomCSSforFx/releases/ having enabled the fix to cause the bookmarks menu spacing to be reduced in the file userChrome.css
/* JG invoke the popup_compact_menus.css JG */
@import "./css/generalui/popup_compact_menus.css"; /**/

Since these CSS tweaks are updated quite frequently, I have written a BATch file (surprise!) to automate almost all of the update function.
John Gray

Think how stupid the average person is, then realise that half of the population are stupider than that.

Argus
GoldLounger

Post by Argus »

Thank you, gentlemen.

Speaking of scrolling, that is quite a lengthy thread, Ken (and as I alluded above my patience is running thin with Mozilla*, :grin:), where are the lines I was going to type ... :smile: when I saw you mentioned user wyxchari. I really don't have much patience now. I saw your post around a month ago, but since this was something new in 92 ... I didn't try it.

I've already got a chrome folder, yay, probably from anno dazumal (did some other tweak a couple of years ago, of course as a result of something changed by Mozilla). And I already had toolkit.legacyUserProfileCustomizations.stylesheets set to true, spooky, or not.

I created the file with the content that was given. Much better now, thank you Ken.

I'll take a look at what is possible and shown at github when I have some extra time, John.

This house of cards will fall down some day.

* As when I jumped browser version on my Android, from 6x.0-something to 88-something and it completely reshuffled my bookmarks, yay, and there's no way to move bookmarks around in the list, double-yay. Not that there are that many of them. And someone says you can always sync with your computer, which by the way includes having a Mozilla account; as if we use the same bookmarks on Desktops and phones, as if I would like to export 1,200 bookmarks to my phone, and expose 'em for third parties etc. etc.instead of adding something useful to the Android version. (Perhaps it's possible to export a limited set of bookmarks to an html and import on the phone, the old fashioned way, but I haven't checked; still gobsmacked months later.)
Byelingual    When you speak two languages but start losing vocabulary in both of them.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Regards,
Hans