Login to hotmail?

Cah
3StarLounger

Login to hotmail?

Post by Cah »

My mother had a hotmail account. Now hotmail appears swallowed by outlook. She used to be able to get to her email without logging in every time but now that appears a requirement. The problem though is that more often than not, after typing her email address and password login goes to her Microsoft account settings and not to her email. There seems no way to get to email from the MS settings page. Is this because we are using Palemoon 64 bit and Windows 7? How to consistently be able to login into her email? Thanks.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Login to hotmail?

Post by HansV »

The login page for Outlook.com has a check box "Keep me signed in":
S0201.png
If she ticks this check box, and if Palemoon has been set to keep cookies, it shouldn't be necessary to log in every time.

If your mother still uses a bookmark to Hotmail, it might be a good idea to replace it with a new bookmark to https://mail.live.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - she may have a better chance of opening her inbox instead of her account settings page.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

Cah
3StarLounger

Re: Login to hotmail?

Post by Cah »

Thanks, Hans. At first I thought the keep me signed in check box wasn't working. I had to clear out all the cookies and reset her home page away from her hotmail page before I could get anywhere. But with the new link you gave us she is now able to login automatically as expected. Your help is appreciated.

Chris