Media Player Classic

RonH
SilverLounger

Media Player Classic

Post by RonH »

I have just installed a new video editing programme and also the full Monty K-Lite codec package which included Media Player Classic. To date I have always used WMP or Quicktime when really necessary.
What experience do our members have of this MPC product. Is it an OK product to set as the default player? Or is VLC's Player the only way to go?
Thanks Ron
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Re: Media Player Classic

Post by John Gray »

I stopped using Media Player Classic several years ago in favour of VLC.
John Gray

Venison is quiet deer, and quite dear.

Roderunner
5StarLounger

Post by Roderunner »

Hi Ron, I used MPC HC in the past, as you did, when K Lite codec pack was installed. For the past 2-3 years, I stopped using K Lite as Windows7 did not need them. I use the portable version of MPC HC on my Laptop. It is installed on my Desktop and set as default player.
Windows 11 Home 22H2

Regards,
George.

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

Thanks gentlemen for your comments.
Think I will give the MPC a bit of a go and then perhaps compare later with VLC. I don't use the player that much (as far as I know) because Flash is used to watch news on line and each of my still and video programmes (that take up most of my hobby time) have there own viewers. I guess that any of them will do what I need for final viewing of my videos before processing to dvd etc.

I have installed K-lite so that one of my video programmes has 'all it needs'. Gets very confusing with all these codecs that seem to be 'essential'.
Ron
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.