Plug Ins

RonH
SilverLounger

Plug Ins

Post by RonH »

Are 'plug ins'/codecs only associated with a specific programme :scratch:

I use Cyberlink PD11 for video editing but have also just downloaded a product called Lightworks to see if it offers added value to what I produce. It seems that both programmes come with their own codecs/dll so that one can import/export a variety of video formats during editing. But the Lightworks 11.1 that I have installed includes a free upgrade to their professional version for 28 day trial ... if then I do not pay the programme will downsize to the basic free version.

Is this likely to cause any problems with my Cyberlink programmes or can I rest easy :fanfare:

Note that I am a bit of a dll :grin: so my knowledge is a bit limited over such matters
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Plug Ins

Post by HansV »

Codecs can generally be used by all 'suitable' programs. For example, I have installed the K-Lite Codec pack. Among others, this adds the capability to play Flash video (.flv) in media players that don't have built-in support for it, such as Windows Media Player.

I don't think that installing / uninstalling Lightworks should affect Cyberlink PD11 negatively.
Best wishes,
Hans

RonH
SilverLounger

Re: Plug Ins

Post by RonH »

Thanks Hans ... I guess that I can rest easy.
I sort of 'felt' that stuff installed/uninstalled specifically within a programme should not effect other programmes otherwise there would be real confusion.
:thankyou: Ron
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.