Outlook is SLOW.......

CharliesDaughter
Lounger

Outlook is SLOW.......

Post by CharliesDaughter »

When I bought a Windows 7 machine and lost the ability to use Outlook Express for my email, I was forced to go back to Outlook (which I was never crazy about). One think I notice is that Outlook seems to take about twice as long to download my messages. Is there a fix for this?

HansV
Administrator

Re: Outlook is SLOW.......

Post by HansV »

Do you have any add-ins? If so, try disabling them.
Do you have any RSS feeds? If so, try removing them.

See Microsoft Outlook 2007 Running Slow ? Fix the Problem Now for details.

(I use Outlook 2007 on Windows 7 and it sends/receives very fast)
Best wishes,
Hans

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Post by BobArch2 »

CharliesDaugher wrote:When I bought a Windows 7 machine and lost the ability to use Outlook Express for my email, I was forced to go back to Outlook (which I was never crazy about). One think I notice is that Outlook seems to take about twice as long to download my messages. Is there a fix for this?
With Windows 7, OE was replaced with Windows Live Mail. If you liked OE, you will probably find that WLM fits the bill.
Regards,
Bob

CharliesDaughter
Lounger

Post by CharliesDaughter »

Is Windows Live Mail web-based? I thought it was and that's why I haven't tried it. I only use web-based mail if I need to pick up personal messages when I'm at work.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

No, the web-based version is Windows Live HotMail. Windows Live Mail is an application installed locally on your PC, just like Outlook and Outlook Express.

(Microsoft's naming conventions are rather confusing...)
Best wishes,
Hans

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Post by BobArch2 »

CharliesDaugher wrote:Is Windows Live Mail web-based? I thought it was and that's why I haven't tried it. I only use web-based mail if I need to pick up personal messages when I'm at work.
You can have it as part of your PC environment to retrieve and send e-mail like you did with OE. You can also access via the web based environment.
Regards,
Bob

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Post by BobArch2 »

HansV wrote:No, the web-based version is Windows Live HotMail. Windows Live Mail is an application installed locally on your PC, just like Outlook and Outlook Express.

(Microsoft's naming conventions are rather confusing...)
Agreed, the naming convention is and can be confusing. To muddy the waters even further, my ISP, Bell Canada, refers to the web based environment as Windows Live, without reference to HotMail. My access is through my Bell Sympatico e-mail address. There might be a back-door link to HotMail, but if so, it is not evident.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Bob

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

It is easily fixed!

Go here: http://www.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/t ... /download/

Download and install and never look back! :grin:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Intel Core i5, 3570K, 3.40 GHz, 16 GB RAM, ECS Z77 H2-A3 Mobo, Windows 10 >HPE 64-bit, MS Office 2016