Cyberlink Photo Director 4

RonH
SilverLounger

Cyberlink Photo Director 4

Post by RonH »

For photo editing I use Photoshop Elements and for videos Cyberlink Power Director.
Cyberlink also have a photo editing programme called Photo Director. Have any of our members used this programme/comments please.
Thanks Ron
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Re: Cyberlink Photo Director 4

Post by stuck »

Just to thank you again for the heads up over at CiC about the short term giveaway of Photo Director 3.

Ken

jonwallace
5StarLounger
Location: "What a mighty long bridge to such a mighty little old town"

Post by jonwallace »

stuck wrote:Just to thank you again for the heads up over at CiC about the short term giveaway of Photo Director 3.

Ken
Oops
Clipboard01.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
John

“Always trust a microbiologist because they have the best chance of predicting when the world will end”
― Teddie O. Rahube

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

Oh so the time on the offer is up already, sorry.

Ken

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

No, the link was "borked". Try this one.
x1413.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Oh, and watch out when you install - c|net has acquired a rather doubtful reputation of bundling undesirable stuff with its downloads.
Best wishes,
Hans

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

HansV wrote:No, the link was "borked".
Sorry, I was in a rush.

Ken
PS I've downloaded a copy but not installed it yet. I'll be careful!

PPS This smells like a response to the recent "Adobe gives away Photoshop CS2 for free (except they didn't)" incident

RonH
SilverLounger

Re: Cyberlink Photo Director 3

Post by RonH »

Well done chaps :fanfare:

The download does not seem to be loaded with c... and it easily installs. It is an OEM version so cannot get PhD3 'Updates' but you can of course spend $ to obtain version 4 at a reasonable price. Also this 3 version seems to include all the edits etc of the non OEM. YouTube has quite a few videos on how to use and a User Guide can also be downloaded direct from Cyberlink. There is also a guide within the Help of the programme.

Having had a 'play' for most of today I can confirm that it is very user friendly with some easy to use Adjustments and Edits. I think I will be taking advantage of both PhD3 and Photoshop Elements when editing some pictures ...

If you are interested the forum for this product is:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/forums/show/82.page" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Happy Editing
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

As Ron said, it installed without any problems and with no junk (Revo shows the only programs installed today are Photo Director 3 and a MS C++ 2005 redistributable and I saw the InstallShield do the C++ package that before it started on Ph D 3).

It's very early days obviously but first impressions are that it needs a PC with more grunt than my P4 HT 3.2GHz chip + 3Gb RAM setup. It appeared to hang as it loaded but I suppose it might have been checking for updates. It's running (idle) in the background as I type this and the characters are appearing a bit more slowly than they should.

Ken

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

Hei Ken,
My experience with any of Cyberlinks 'editing products' is that some serious pc grunt is necessary though they will function with 2 core machines etc. Its best to not have any other programmes open when editing and regular re-boots are the order of the day. My PhD3 crashed 3x today ... I was trying to load my pictures file into it in one hit totalling some 14000 pics. PhD3 was not a happy chappie :sad:

That said ... hey its free and has some really nice features and Cyberlink product forums have some skilled folk who love to help.
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

HansV wrote:Oh, and watch out when you install - c|net has acquired a rather doubtful reputation of bundling undesirable stuff with its downloads.
Much like Piriform ( CCleaner, Speccy, Recuva ) wanting to install Google Chrome if you neglect to untick the boxes? :hmmn: :mad:
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Yes, but I read some reports that c|net operated sneakier. I'm happy that Ron and Ken didn't experience this.
Best wishes,
Hans

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Yes Hans, I've become increasingly distrustful of CNET for the past couple of years, including a not-so successful support encounter with them a few months ago about a bad software link.