face recognition in Picasa

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

face recognition in Picasa

Post by stuck »

Just an observation...

I set Picasa to scan a load of pictures for people, mainly featuring Mrs S, stuckling1 & stuckling2. Once it had found a few and I created the relevant names it did a very good job of correctly identifying the faces in the pictures.

Impressive as this feat was though it did struggle on many occasions to distinguish stuckling1 from stuckling2 but that's understandable; if you met them you'd know instantly that they are brothers! Also the clear family likeness between Mrs S and stuckling1 also stumped it a few times but as stuckling2 is a dead ringer for me it didn't confuse Mrs S with stuckling2.

Lastly it found two 'faces' in the scenery. One where shadows between leaves suggest two eyes and a mouth and one where shadows on a snow field similarly suggest eyes, nose and mouth.

Ken

Leif
Administrator

Re: face recognition in Picasa

Post by Leif »

Spooky!
Leif

jonwallace
5StarLounger
Location: "What a mighty long bridge to such a mighty little old town"

Re: face recognition in Picasa

Post by jonwallace »

It's also really good at "recognizing" upside down three-pin plug sockets. (see picture if you're furrin :grin:)
Clipboard01.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
John

“Always trust a microbiologist because they have the best chance of predicting when the world will end”
― Teddie O. Rahube