Resizing

BobH
UraniumLounger

Resizing

Post by BobH »

Because digicams create such large files, I must reduce every shot I post on a forum or in an email. On some forums, they request that you post a thumbnail that links to the file that one reduces for normal posting. Those forums generally don't allow users to upload images from their own PCs. This means that I must first select the pics, crop or other wise edit them for best effect, resize for normal posting, then resize again to create thumbnails. While cropping and editing must be done one image at a time, the other operations can be done in batches. Pixresizer does this wonderfully well, allowing the user to reduce a whole folder to posting size and output them to another folder. Pixresizer does NOT allow the user to choose the percentage size result but requires that the number of pixels be chosen for one or both dimensions. I typically use about 800 pixels wide and let the height remain proportional; however, I would like to make the thumbnails 20% of that size. Pixresizer doesn't have the option - or - more likely - I don't know how to use it.

Looking at FastStoneViewer, I can choose a percentage but I can't do multiples in one operation. Again, this is probably an operator head space, aka ID10T user, problem.

Switching from numbers of pixels to percentages doing multiple pics guarantees that I will screw up several times. Anyone have a better way to do this?

TIA
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Intel Core i5, 3570K, 3.40 GHz, 16 GB RAM, ECS Z77 H2-A3 Mobo, Windows 10 >HPE 64-bit, MS Office 2016

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Re: Resizing

Post by stuck »

What about IrfanView? I've never used its batch features but if you click:
File | Batch Conversion/Rename
then in the top left area tick the 'use advanced options (for bulk resize)
then click on the Advanced button
the RESIZE section appears to offer 'set new size as percentage of original'

Ken

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Thank you, Ken!

I will give Irfanview a try.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Intel Core i5, 3570K, 3.40 GHz, 16 GB RAM, ECS Z77 H2-A3 Mobo, Windows 10 >HPE 64-bit, MS Office 2016

stuckling1
2StarLounger

Post by stuckling1 »

I have used Irfanveiw for batch re-sizing, resampling occasionally, it's good.

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Me too. Works like a charm...