Recording pc screen & sound

RonH
SilverLounger

Recording pc screen & sound

Post by RonH »

Has anyone experience of this free offered software to directly record a video programme you are watching on a pc.
http://camstudio.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I use Cyberlink PowerDirector to make various slide/video presentations and it would be useful to include occasional on line video snips. Maybe forum members have alternative recommendations for screen video capture.
Thank you Ron
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

RonH
SilverLounger

Re: Recording pc screen & sound

Post by RonH »

In case anyone is interested, I have chosen this Microsoft product for screen capture etc.

http://www.microsoft.com/expression/pro ... rview.aspx
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Thanks, it may help others searching for this type of software.
Best wishes,
Hans

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

RonH wrote:In case anyone is interested, I have chosen this Microsoft product for screen capture etc.

http://www.microsoft.com/expression/pro ... rview.aspx
I completely misread your original post and so failed to mention a screen capture program that is enjoyed by several here in The Lounge.

FastStone Screen Capture also is able to record screen activity and I've used it a few times to make "tutorial" videos for people. It's not free but the license is lifetime.

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

Thanks Al.
What I have learned so far about the Microsoft Expression (which ain't much!) suggests that its a very good product. I made a couple of screen shots with sound after very little learning time. Mind you, it offers a lot of possibilities that I doubt I would ever use but you never know.
Will keep 'yours' on file ... just in case.
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

What exactly do you mean when you say "directly record a video programme you are watching on a pc"? Do you mean:

a) you are watching a video on say YouTube, and you want to have a local copy of the video?

b) you want to record what is happening on screen, e.g. as you do something in Word, so that you have a video of the what you did for use as a tutorial?

If a) all you need is the Firefox Add-on Video Download Helper
If b) then Camstudio or the MS product you mention will be required

Ken

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

No sweat Ken ... the MS product is perfect for what I need.
Thanks for your input
Ron
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.