HTML Files

steveh
SilverLounger

HTML Files

Post by steveh »

Morning all

Hopefully I am in the right lounge for this question.

I am using Wink to make some screen / audio tutorials and the SWF files come out at around 45mb (and if I distribute them as trials nobody can open them as it says you need flash which they all have?) but it also makes an HTML file of about 750kb.

If I click the HTML I can watch it in my browser with no problem but if I email it to myself and try to view it from home I cannot. Obviously with the much smaller footprint I would likee to send out the HTML but is that possible, I have Googled over the weekend but could not find anything meaningful to help me?
Steve
http://www.freightpro-uk.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.”
― Benjamin Franklin

HansV
Administrator

Re: HTML Files

Post by HansV »

I don't know Wink :wink: but I assume that the HTML file contains links to a file or files on your hard disk (quite possibly to the SWF file); if you want to distribute the HTML file, you should distribute those file(s) with it.
You can look at the source code of the HTML file to check which external files it refers to.
Best wishes,
Hans

steveh
SilverLounger

Re: HTML Files

Post by steveh »

HansV wrote:I don't know Wink :wink: but I assume that the HTML file contains links to a file or files on your hard disk (quite possibly to the SWF file); if you want to distribute the HTML file, you should distribute those file(s) with it.
You can look at the source code of the HTML file to check which external files it refers to.
Hi Hans

Not knowing anything about HTML and looking how small the footprint was I thought it was an easy way to distribute smaller file sizes. What I need to look for is decent Video Compression I think so I will post back in the other software forum if needs be.
Steve
http://www.freightpro-uk.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.”
― Benjamin Franklin