Changing Default Calendar Print Format-2007 Exchange Server

Samantha
3StarLounger

Changing Default Calendar Print Format-2007 Exchange Server

Post by Samantha »

How do I change the default print format for a calendar in Outlook 2007? We recently (November, 2009) switched to an Exchange Server, however, even before then I was unable to discover a way to change the default print format.

I work in a small law office with fairly loose management rules. One of our policies is that each employee turns in a report of hours worked each pay period, but there is no direction as to how the report is formatted. I have chosen to track my hours with a separate "timesheet" calendar that I have populated with our official office hours; i.e. 8 am - noon and 1 - 5 pm, Monday through Friday. I then adjust the time each day to reflect my actual hours worked. My theory being if I forget to track my hours on a particular day, I don't deserve the overtime that might have resulted.

My timesheet hours are not tied to my "billable" hours, which are accounted for separately. Unless I come in on a weekend to work on one specific project, each day's report consists only of AM hours & PM hours (or more accurately pre-lunch and post-lunch, as I often don't go to lunch until mid-afternoon). My preferred print format is the Calendar Details Style, which summarizes the information as concisely as possible.

My problem is that I haven't been able to find a way to change the default print format, and therefore must scroll down the list of print format options each time to choose the Calendar Details style. If I forget, I end up with the default Weekly Style instead and end up reprinting. A minor irritant, admittedly, but one that I'd like to resolve more effectively than having to rely on my own often-fractured attention span to choose the proper style each time I print.
Samantha

HansV
Administrator

Re: Changing Default Calendar Print Format-2007 Exchange Server

Post by HansV »

The default corresponds to your view (day, week or month); I don't think there's a way to set Calendar Details as default.
Best wishes,
Hans

Samantha
3StarLounger

Post by Samantha »

Thanks. It's good to have confirmation that what I want to do isn't possible, and I can quit looking for some obscure method that I thought I might have missed.
Samantha

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

Samantha wrote:Thanks. It's good to have confirmation that what I want to do isn't possible, and I can quit looking for some obscure method that I thought I might have missed.
You ought to check the :free: Calendar Printing Assistant for Outlook 2007 - Outlook - Microsoft Office Online. Additional templates may be downloaded from Download details: Templates for Calendar Printing Assistant for Outlook 2007.

If you have Office 2007 SP-2 installed be sure to download and install Download details: Calendar Printing Assistant for Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 Service Pack 2 (SP2).

Joe
Joe

Samantha
3StarLounger

Post by Samantha »

Thanks, Joe. I've downloaded both the Calendar Printing Assistant & the SP2 upgrade, along with a couple of templates I saw. Now if only I had time to play with it to see what it can do. Maybe I'll spend some time this weekend clearing off my desk and experimenting with the new calendar options.

Last bumped by Samantha on 11 Mar 2010, 01:53.
Samantha