Sun Java Console

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Sun Java Console

Post by Gloria E »

I was just in IE and went to Toos > Sun Java Console and this message apeared: IE has stopped working, a problem caused the program to stop working. I was curious about what the console was, I still don't know.

Why would the console cause a problem with IE?
Should the console be installed at all?

Next, I went to Java 32-bit in Control Panel > Settings > Java Console and Hide console was checked. I checked Do Not start Console. Should I have made the change? This is one problem I've never seen before.

Gloria E
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

HansV
Administrator

Re: Sun Java Console

Post by HansV »

The Java Console is a debugging tool, it's only interesting to programmers. You don't need it.
Best wishes,
Hans

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

HansV wrote:The Java Console is a debugging tool, it's only interesting to programmers. You don't need it.
I agree, but how do you remove it? I've searched Google and found nothing on how to disable or remove it.

I've also done a search on the computer and found nothing. Also, I asked if it was ok to check Do Not Start in Java Control Panel.

Gloria E
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Since you don't need it, it's OK to tick "Do not start". And that's enough - you don't have to take further action.
Best wishes,
Hans

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

HansV wrote:Since you don't need it, it's OK to tick "Do not start". And that's enough - you don't have to take further action.
Since you concur I will tick it and feel safe doing it.
Thanks Hans.