IE9 Send Page/Link by Email

RonH
SilverLounger

IE9 Send Page/Link by Email

Post by RonH »

Windows 7 64bit, IE9 and Windows Live Mail. On IE9 (either 64 or 32 bit screen) I cannot action
File/Send/Page by Email or Link by Email. Is there a fix for this or is it something in my IE9 settings :scratch:
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

JoeP
SilverLounger

Re: IE9 Send Page/Link by Email

Post by JoeP »

Have you double checked to see that WLM is the default mail program?

Joe
Joe

wasbit
2StarLounger

Post by wasbit »

Not something that I've ever used before.

If I click File/Send at the top of this webpage I only get the option 'Shortcut to Desktop', both 'Page by e-mail' & 'Link by e-mail' being greyed out along with Edit & Save.
Regards
wasbit

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

Found a 'work around'
On Command bar click Customise/Add or Remove commands and then add both to the Command bar. Does not solve these functioning under 'File' though.

Joe WLM is the default thanks
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

Charlotte
Her Majesty

Post by Charlotte »

I'm not running the 64-bit version, so that may be a difference. Nor am I using WLM, but when I go to the file menu in IE9, I have all three options available. That narrows the problem down to a) the 64-bit version or b) WLM or c) a combination of the two. You can test by setting a different email program as your default (maybe a gmail or msn account). If that works you would need to try a similar setup on a 32-bit Win7 machine to see what happens.
Charlotte

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

Charlotte wrote:I'm not running the 64-bit version, so that may be a difference. Nor am I using WLM, but when I go to the file menu in IE9, I have all three options available. That narrows the problem down to a) the 64-bit version or b) WLM or c) a combination of the two. You can test by setting a different email program as your default (maybe a gmail or msn account). If that works you would need to try a similar setup on a 32-bit Win7 machine to see what happens.
Yep, it all works OK on my other Vista/Windows Mail machine with the same email programmes so it must be (another) compatability issue.
Thanks Ron
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling WLM?

Check the registry - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail. In the right pane check that the (Default) subkey has "Windows Live Mail" (without the quotation marks) as the value.

Joe
Joe

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

JoeP wrote:Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling WLM?

Check the registry - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail. In the right pane check that the (Default) subkey has "Windows Live Mail" (without the quotation marks) as the value.

Joe
G'day Joe,
Just now I am not game enough to delete and reinstall the programme :flee: At least I have an adequate work around so I can review later on when I am more accustomed to this Windows 7 Live Mail stuff.
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

RonH wrote:Windows 7 64bit, IE9 and Windows Live Mail. On IE9 (either 64 or 32 bit screen) I cannot action
File/Send/Page by Email or Link by Email. Is there a fix for this or is it something in my IE9 settings :scratch:
Hi Ron, I got this fix from another post.
To display the things you asked about, right-click the IE title bar and select Menu Bar, as simple as that.

BTW: that is a permanent fix unless you decide you don't want them any more, of course. I hope this is what you were looking for.

Gloria E
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

Gloria E wrote: ...To display the things you asked about, right-click the IE title bar and select Menu Bar, as simple as that ...
Gloria E
Thanks for your comments. I have the work around as indicated ... I think the FIle/Send/Link by Email etc will not function because I use my POP3 acct as the WLM default but I also have A Hotmail linked that I hardly use. It seems to want the Hotmail acct to be the default ... no chance!
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.