IE9 Space Waste

Roderunner
5StarLounger

IE9 Space Waste

Post by Roderunner »

Hi, having just added IE9 to my desktop, my first question is, why is there sooooo much wasted space????
RR.jpg
Windows 11 Home 22H2

Regards,
George.

HansV
Administrator

Re: IE9 Space Waste

Post by HansV »

You can turn off the menu bar, it's not really needed, the buttons in the upper right corner let you access everything you need, and if you want to see the menu bar temporarily, press the Alt key. Whether you want to display the toolbars is up to you.
Best wishes,
Hans

Roderunner
5StarLounger

Post by Roderunner »

HansV wrote:You can turn off the menu bar, it's not really needed, the buttons in the upper right corner let you access everything you need, and if you want to see the menu bar temporarily, press the Alt key. Whether you want to display the toolbars is up to you.
Thanks Hans, I tried to turn off the WOT bit but it only gives option to disable it. As for the mail symbol on the command bar, its a time saving item. Will disable the menu bar later to try as you stated.
Windows 11 Home 22H2

Regards,
George.

tedshemyers
2StarLounger

Post by tedshemyers »

IE9Toolbar.jpg
I have the Favorites bar turned on in my IE 9 RTM. I also have the WOT and Last Pass Toolbars enabled. You can customize the toolbar by right clicking on an empty space (you seem to have a lot of it) and selecting which toolbars and options you want displayed:
CustomizeIE9Toolbar.jpg
I hope this helps.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Have a Great Day!
Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 MHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 4 GB RAM, 320 GB HD, Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

Roderunner
5StarLounger

Post by Roderunner »

Hi Ted, I've given up using IE9 as some of my iGoogle homepage gadgets will not work, so old faithfull FF is back.
Windows 11 Home 22H2

Regards,
George.