Emailing Link to Public Folders Calendar

Ailios
Lounger

Emailing Link to Public Folders Calendar

Post by Ailios »

Is it possible for me to send an email to all staff on our mail server (using a distribution list) that includes a link in the email to a public folders calendar? A whole calendar; not just an appointment. Not everyone knows how to find the public folders. It seems to me like this would be the easiest and fastest way to get the calendar out to everyone for our remodel timeline. Any chance?
Last edited by HansV on 03 Feb 2010, 19:04, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: to correct typo in subject
Daisy

StuartR
Administrator

Re: Emaling Link to Public Folders Calendar

Post by StuartR »

I just dragged the public folders from my Outlook main window to a newly created email and it created this shortcut
Outlook:\\Public Folders

I then went down a level and dragged "All Public Folders" to the email and it created this
Outlook:\\Public Folders\All Public Folders

Clicking on the links appears to open Outlook at the right place.
StuartR

Ailios
Lounger

Post by Ailios »

StuartR wrote:I just dragged the public folders from my Outlook main window to a newly created email and it created this shortcut
Outlook:\\Public Folders

I then went down a level and dragged "All Public Folders" to the email and it created this
Outlook:\\Public Folders\All Public Folders

Clicking on the links appears to open Outlook at the right place.
Doesn't see to be working for me. I click and dragged the Remodel Calendar saved in public folders to the email but it didn't put a link the email. I put an attachment there named Remodel Calendar.xnk When I click the attachment it gives a serious warning and asks to save to disk. I tried doing this with all three formats - text, rtf and html - all with the same result.
Daisy

Goshute
3StarLounger

Post by Goshute »

Ailios wrote:Doesn't see to be working for me. I click and dragged the Remodel Calendar saved in public folders to the email but it didn't put a link the email. I put an attachment there named Remodel Calendar.xnk When I click the attachment it gives a serious warning and asks to save to disk. I tried doing this with all three formats - text, rtf and html - all with the same result.
Daisy, what version of Outlook? As someone, umm, somewhere else pointed out, Outlook 2007 behaves differently from 2003.

Also note that if you use the hyperlink format instead of inserted item, you need to use the html conventions of converting a space to %20, etc., as in:
Outlook:\\Public%20Folders\All%20Public%20Folders\Company%20Calendar
Goshute
I float in liquid gardens

Ailios
Lounger

Re: Emailing Link to Public Folders Calendar

Post by Ailios »

Excellent. Using a typed out hyperlink works. I always forget about the %20 until I need to use it again. Now I just need to figure out how to always have it come up in the full month view. Thank you!
Daisy