IE 9 RC

tedshemyers
2StarLounger

IE 9 RC

Post by tedshemyers »

IE 9 RC has been released. Download it here!

Sorry, did not see the posting in Beta Software
Last edited by tedshemyers on 11 Feb 2011, 01:14, edited 2 times in total.
Have a Great Day!
Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 MHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 4 GB RAM, 320 GB HD, Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

HansV
Administrator

Re: IE 9 RC

Post by HansV »

Yep, also see IE9 RC available in the Beta Software forum.
Best wishes,
Hans

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

tedshemyers wrote:IE 9 RC has been released. Download it here!

Sorry, did not see the posting in Beta Software
Hi Ted,

Are you going to install the latest version? Will those that will please post how the installation went and how you liked the results. I'm leary about being among the first installing anything new, as most of you will remember. :laugh:

Gloria E
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Please note that this is not yet officially the final version, it is the "Release Candidate". There may still be minor tweaks.
Best wishes,
Hans

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

Looks like I should have stayed in bed today too. I should have remembered that Release Candidates are not the finished product.
Thanks for the heads up.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

tedshemyers
2StarLounger

Post by tedshemyers »

I have been using a beta since it first came out. I installed the RC as soon as I saw it. It has worked very well so far, very stable and much faster than IE8. Try it out, you can always go back.
Have a Great Day!
Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 MHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 4 GB RAM, 320 GB HD, Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

tedshemyers wrote:I have been using a beta since it first came out. I installed the RC as soon as I saw it. It has worked very well so far, very stable and much faster than IE8. Try it out, you can always go back.
Thanks Ted. I have some questions about using the RC:
Will the add-ons still work?
Will I have to remove the RC once the final version's released?
Faster than IE8? I can hardly believe it.

I'm not a big fan of beta's or brand new releases either, so I'll think more about it once I have answers to the questions above.

Gloria E

tedshemyers
2StarLounger

Post by tedshemyers »

My add ons all still worked. Did not have to re-download them.
When RTM does come out simply install directly over the RC. No need to uninstall the RC first.
It is definitely faster than IE 8. How To Geek has some very useful info for the RC.
Have a Great Day!
Ted

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

tedshemyers wrote:My add ons all still worked. Did not have to re-download them.
When RTM does come out simply install directly over the RC. No need to uninstall the RC first.
It is definitely faster than IE 8. How To Geek has some very useful info for the RC.
I visited the Microsoft.com webpage and it explained under Is IE9 RC right for you, that if you were comfortable using betas and understood that it's not the final release and there would still be things that did not work or work correctly. then get IE9 RC. :flee:

Since, as I stated before, I'm not a beta fan, I've decided to wait for the final release. Fixing problems is not my strong suite, so that's my final decision. Thank you for your input anyway. :thankyou:

Gloria E