Internet Explorer 8

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Internet Explorer 8

Post by Gloria E »

Starting Sunday I've been unable to sign in to Comcast email, using either IE or Firefox. I contacted Comcast and they changed my password which I was able to sign in with using Firefox but not IE. I was told that something must be wrong with my settings in IE because it worked with Firefox. :scratch:

Now I can't get my mail from Windows Live Mail or Mail Washer Pro with IE set as my default email client. Please don't ask me to just change to Firefox, because my favorite browser is IE8. I don't care for Firefox and have refused to get the beta version because of that. Is it possible to do a System Restore to set things right.

I need serious help fixing getting email from Comcast while using IE8, please help fix this problem.

Gloria E
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

jscher2000
2StarLounger

Re: Internet Explorer 8

Post by jscher2000 »

Have you deleted your cookies for the Comcast mail site, and any saved passwords (saved by the browser or by an add-on)? Those may be interfering with your using your new password.

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

jscher2000 wrote:Have you deleted your cookies for the Comcast mail site, and any saved passwords (saved by the browser or by an add-on)? Those may be interfering with your using your new password.
Where will I find Browser Saved Passwords, I've never see that? Cookes have been deleted.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

If you select Tools | Internet Options... and press Delete in the Browsing History section, you see this dialog:
Delete_Browsing_History.png
Tick the Passwords check box to delete saved passwords.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

Thanks Hans,
I've followed your advice and I'm happy to report that the problem has now been fixed. I've signed in on Comcast and receiving mail from Live Mail.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Good to hear that!
Best wishes,
Hans