Registration Entries

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Registration Entries

Post by Gloria E »

I have 2 Registration Entries in My Documents. I want to know if it's safe to remove them?

Gloria E
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

HansV
Administrator

Re: Registration Entries

Post by HansV »

What are their names?
Best wishes,
Hans

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

Hans, here is the info. you requested.

cc20091026_163057.reg 93kb

cc20091026_163535.reg 2kb
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

These are registry backups of entries made by CCleaner on 26th October last year, before deleting them from your registry. Only you can decide whether you aren't likely to want them any more!
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your appointment letter indicates you won't be seeing the Consultant...

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

John, If I knew what they contained I would be able to see if I might need them later on. Since I don't know, I hardly would use them to register something I know nothing about. Does that make sense?

Gloria E

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Gloria, since they're over three months old, you can safely delete them.
Best wishes,
Hans

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

Gloria E wrote:John, If I knew what they contained I would be able to see if I might need them later on. Since I don't know, I hardly would use them to register something I know nothing about. Does that make sense?
If you were to right-click on one of the files in Windows Explorer or My Computer, you could choose NOTEPAD to inspect the contents. But you might not be any the wiser.
Make sure you DON'T double-click on the file name, because doing that will put the registry entries back into the registry!

Hans' suggestion to just delete the files seems entirely sensible.
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your appointment letter indicates you won't be seeing the Consultant...

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

HansV wrote:Gloria, since they're over three months old, you can safely delete them.
That's what I was hoping to hear. What is the minimum time limit, how old must they be before reg files can be safely removed in the future?

Gloria E

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

There are no hard and fast rules for that, but in this particular case, where the filename begins with cc followed by a date in the format yyyymmdd, I'd say a week is plenty. If you haven't needed to restore registry entries a week after they have been deleted by CCleaner, it's unlikely you'll need to restore them.
Best wishes,
Hans