Outlook 2010 Setup Questions

BillW
3StarLounger

Outlook 2010 Setup Questions

Post by BillW »

My daughter just installed Office and Outlook 2010 and there seems to be two problems that may be related:

1. She has to go through a login process every time she opens Outlook. Hopefully, that is not the normal requirement.

2. The Personal Folders section in the left pane is not being used at all! I have attached a screen capture of part of her Outlook window and you will see her email address listed down towards the bottom below the Personal Folders section. Her Inbox, Sent, etc., are all below the line that showed her email address (which I have partially erased).

Is that the way Outlook should look? If so, what is the purpose of the Personal Folders section? All of those folders are completely empty.

Thanks,
Bill
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Outlook 2010 Setup Questions

Post by HansV »

Hi Bill,

1. In the account settings, there should be a check box to remember the password:
x374.png
2. I looks like her personal .pst is not the delivery location. You can change the default .pst in the Data Files tab of the Account Settings dialog:
x375.png
(The screenshots are from Outlook 2007 but it shouldn't be very different for Outlook 2010)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

BillW
3StarLounger

Re: Outlook 2010 Setup Questions

Post by BillW »

Thanks Hans, I have forwarded a link to this message thread to my daughter and she will read the messages and see if she can fix her setup. She feels sure that she did check the save password option but it is apparently not being saved. Her intention was to set up POP access to her email and I expect that was set correctly. We will just have to wait and see what she finds out.

I really appreciate your info.

Bill