Being redirected to Squarespace log in

jmt356
SilverLounger

Being redirected to Squarespace log in

Post by jmt356 »

From time to time, while browsing a webpage, I am directed to the Log into Squarespace webpage at https://login.squarespace.com/api/1/log ... 3Afalse%7D#/

I am not sure what triggers being sent into Squarespace. However, I believe it is triggered when I press the escape key while browsing a website. For example, I was just reading https://www.globaldiligence.com/project ... article-15 and then pressed escape to escape the find (ctrl + f) dialogue. When I pressed escape, I was taken to the Squarespace login page.

How can I avoid being redirected to the Squarespace login page?
Regards,

JMT

HansV
Administrator

Re: Being redirected to Squarespace log in

Post by HansV »

SquareSpace is a website building and hosting company. I have noticed that I have to allow SquareSpace in the NoScript add-in to be able to visit several websites.
Sites that redirect you to login to SquareSpace must have been built on that platform, but their design probably contains bugs - you should not have to login to SquareSpace to visit such sites. If so, there is little you can do about it.
I cannot test the site that you mentioned - it doesn't load at all for me.
Best wishes,
Hans

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

I just visited that site, using the latest version of Firefox. I searched the site, and then pressed <ESC> to close the search. It all worked just as I would expect
StuartR

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

The site now loads for me. I have the same experience as StuartR...
Best wishes,
Hans

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Oh wait - I tried again and pressed Escape. This time I was redirected to the SquareSpace login page:

S2391.png

I don't think there is a way for us to avoid this. If you wish, you can contact Global Diligence about it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

I also get transferred to that login page if I tell NoScript to trust globaldilligence.com
StuartR

jmt356
SilverLounger

Post by jmt356 »

HansV wrote:
07 May 2023, 08:50
Oh wait - I tried again and pressed Escape. This time I was redirected to the SquareSpace login page:

S2391.png

I don't think there is a way for us to avoid this. If you wish, you can contact Global Diligence about it.
This is not just a Global Diligence issue. I find that on about 5% of the sites I visit, pressing esc after a search takes me to the Squarespace login page. I don't understand why Squarespace would program such a feature that degrades the user experience.
Regards,

JMT

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Best wishes,
Hans