Email Notifications

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Email Notifications

Post by hlewton »

I have mentioned this before and I know the lounge is having ongoing problems with sending email notifications when there is a new reply to a subscribed topic. I don't want to go into that specifically but I do have a question. I have not gotten any email notifications at all from the lounge in sometime now. At another site I subscribe to, called MasterCook, I was not getting any of their update notifications to their product that I paid for and was eligible to upgrade. Between their sire administrator and I, we did extensive testing and found out that she used a third party called Zendesk, I believe it was, to send these notifications. Turns our Zendesk stopped sending notifications to my ISP's servers or domain because they would always bounce back or some reason like that. I had to change my email address to a Gmail account to get notifications from Mastercook. Could something like that be the reason I no longer receive notifications from here? Would it be a big deal to change my email without affecting my established account here? Thanks
Regards,
hlewton

Leif
Administrator

Re: Email Notifications

Post by Leif »

Try it and see!
Leif

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

Leif wrote:
13 Aug 2022, 19:07
Try it and see!
Strange, apparently I already made that change some time ago. So now I have no idea why I'm no longer getting them.
Regards,
hlewton

Leif
Administrator

Post by Leif »

Try changing it back then...
Leif

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

I just received the first notification in a long time for this thread, but I will change it and see what happens. Thanks
Regards,
hlewton

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

Sorry to have to bring this up again, but I have not gotten any email notifications for at least 2 weeks now. Also, not sure this has anything to do with it but, when I sign in here I always have to sign in twice to get logged in. The 2 sign ins is not a big deal but without email notifications I may be late in replying to anyone who is trying to help. I try to remember to check here everyday but I may neglect that on occasion.
Regards,
hlewton

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I am really sorry about both.
As for having to log in twice, you might try to delete all Lounge cookies (there should be a link for that near the bottom of the window).
I am afraid the notification system is beyond our control - we know that it's flaky but we cannot change it, unfortunately.
Best wishes,
Hans

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

Thanks. I just deleted the lounge's cookies. It logged me out and I only had to log in once to get back here. Will see how that works from here. Thank you.
Regards,
hlewton

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

Just wanted to let you know, deleting the Lounge's cookies corrected the having to log in twice. Thanks again.
Regards,
hlewton

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Good to hear that! Cookies may crumble after a while. Deleting them creates fresh ones.
Best wishes,
Hans

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

HansV wrote:
20 Apr 2023, 06:44
Good to hear that! Cookies may crumble after a while. Deleting them creates fresh ones.
If it ever happens again, I will try to remember this.
Regards,
hlewton