What do I do next?

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

What do I do next?

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Untitled.jpg
I assume that the Win 3.1 mantra "If in doubt, press <Enter>" still holds?
:scratch: :hairout: :laugh:
Thanks, Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
An expensive day out: Wallet and Grimace

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Re: What do I do next?

Post by ChrisGreaves »

There again, maybe not.

This BTW is from the US site, as far as I have been able to determine.
https://www.lg.com/us/support/help-libr ... 8110404543
Cheers, Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

On the page you link to:
1) click on 'change language', which is to the right of 'Install'
2) read what do do if the language displayed in the installation is incorrect

Ken

GeoffW
PlatinumLounger

Post by GeoffW »

I used the screen translate function on my phone
Screenshot_2023-03-16-22-27-43-64_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7_copy_740x841.jpg

I found this very useful a little while ago. A friend's printer had the instructions showing in Russian. We were able to change the language to English using this translate function.

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

stuck wrote:
15 Mar 2023, 18:27
On the page you link to:
1) click on 'change language', which is to the right of 'Install'
2) read what do do if the language displayed in the installation is incorrect
Thanks Ken.
In my abject North American laziness and insulation I just assumed that everything would be in English. I have been conditioned that way :blush: :headthrob:
I see that any further action has been pre-empted by young GeoffW.
Cheers, Chris

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

GeoffW wrote:
16 Mar 2023, 11:33
I used the screen translate function on my phone
Right!
[ wanders off to search his smart phone; no sign of translate ]
But I was using my laptop!

So Please and Thank you, what are you using, and is it available on Android phones?
Cheers, Chris

GeoffW
PlatinumLounger

Post by GeoffW »

I used Google Lens. I'm not sure if the translate feature is a part of all Android flavours.
https://www.androidpolice.com/how-to-us ... er_popup=1

I use smart sidebar to access it. That's a part of my Realme Android, a part of Special Features in Settings.

Although the feature is called screen translate, it does other clever stuff. I can do a Google picture search. Or I can extract text from a page - including from images. That can include handwriting, with fair results.

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

ChrisGreaves wrote:
16 Mar 2023, 13:26
...[ wanders off to search his smart phone; no sign of translate ]
But I was using my laptop!...
Wouldn't have been quicker / less hassle to follow the instructions in the link you provided and thus be able to see everything in English and not constantly have to view the laptop screen via your phone?

Ken

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

stuck wrote:
16 Mar 2023, 14:29
Wouldn't have been quicker / less hassle to follow the instructions in the link you provided and thus be able to see everything in English and not constantly have to view the laptop screen via your phone?
You'd think so, as would I, but as Geoff has already pointed out the software was not operational after 2020, so my efforts at installation would have been a bigger waste of time.
Thanks, Chris

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

GeoffW wrote:
16 Mar 2023, 14:18
I used Google Lens.
Thanks for this, Geoff. I took a look during my tea-break and saw that Google lens does include a translation feature. Then the installation process began asking for my credit card (turns it it is a free TRIAL) and my instincts kicked in and I bailed out.
I did however download Google Trans;ate which I think is what my Spanish tutors relied on in Toronto in 2014/15.
Cheers, Chris

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Learn Korean! :evilgrin:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Intel Core i5, 3570K, 3.40 GHz, 16 GB RAM, ECS Z77 H2-A3 Mobo, Windows 10 >HPE 64-bit, MS Office 2016

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

BobH wrote:
16 Mar 2023, 18:08
Learn Korean! :evilgrin:
Well Bob, that's what I was doing in Toronto. My dry-cleaning/tailor lady was Korean and she had taught me enough that I could exclaim "It will cost HOW MUCH?" in mock exasperation.
Then Bonavista intervened.
Cheers, Chris

GeoffW
PlatinumLounger

Google Lens

Post by GeoffW »

ChrisGreaves wrote:
16 Mar 2023, 18:06
GeoffW wrote:
16 Mar 2023, 14:18
I used Google Lens.
Thanks for this, Geoff. I took a look during my tea-break and saw that Google lens does include a translation feature. Then the installation process began asking for my credit card (turns it it is a free TRIAL) and my instincts kicked in and I bailed out.
I did however download Google Trans;ate which I think is what my Spanish tutors relied on in Toronto in 2014/15.
Cheers, Chris
I'm really surprised about this, as Google Lens is free. I wasn't asked for any credit card details AFAIK
https://www.ahead.ie/Google-Lens

I don't even remember an installation process, which makes me suspicious about what happened to you.

I don't have Google Lens available on my camera however. That seems to be available only if the manufacturer has built it in. That's unfortunate for me, as it would be very convenient to read QR codes using my camera. Many places like to use QR codes these days.

Google Translate is good, but the text must be extracted from an image first.

I find the Google Lens facility very good. I can read Chinese menus, or even writing on a wall or window. I can search for a plant or bird. Apparently you can see pictures of items on your menu at a restaurant.

So all. We useful. And free AFAIK.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

On my Android phone, there is a Google Lens icon on the right hand side of the Google search bar at the bottom of the window:

Screenshot_20230316-213134.png
Best wishes,
Hans

Graeme
Cosmic Lounger

Post by Graeme »

Using Hans' method, I got this:

LG Bridge Update

X

Agree to use LG Bridge

Agree to the terms of use and consent items. If you do not agree to the selected items, some functions or LG Bridge access rights may be restricted.

Read all and agree. (with optional items)

(Required) Terms of Use

Software: Software for LG PC/Mac (hereinafter referred to as “Software”)

PLEASE READ THE TERMS OF USE BELOW CAREFULLY BEFORE DOWNLOADING AND INSTALLING IMPORTANT SOFTWARE. Children under the age of 14 are not permitted to use this service.

I agree.

(Required) Privacy Policy

privacy policy

I've read them all.

Untitled in 170 5

Viewer 121 timar-

http://www.averywayobservatory.co.uk/

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

I must be missing something here :confused: The link that Chris gave:
provides instructions on what to do if the installation language is not your language. Surely the obvious thing to do is follow those instructions? :scratch:

Not doing that reminds me of an important lesson I learnt at university. The Prof. started the lecture by asking the question, "How would you determine the composition of a 50p coin?" He then noted down all the answers we suggested. The ideas covered a far bit of the large blackboard (Heh! Remember when blackboards were a thing?). After about 30 mins he still didn't seem to be satisfied with our ideas so he put us out of our misery by asking us, "Why has no one suggested phoning the Royal Mint and asking them? They must know the composition of the coin, they make them!"

In other words, why waste time finding a solution to a problem that has already been solved?

Ken

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

stuck wrote:
17 Mar 2023, 11:01
I must be missing something here :confused: The link that Chris gave:
provides instructions on what to do if the installation language is not your language. Surely the obvious thing to do is follow those instructions? :scratch:
Hi Ken. You are missing nothing.
I was wading through a rather long list of things-to-do and wondered whether phone-PC technology had advanced over the past ten years. A search of the web led me to the "LG Bridge" site, and I thought "Perfect! I'll download that and give it a quick spin".

In my haste I did not notice anything about language; I just assumed that it would all be in English unless one asked for a change.

I seem to have grown into a very insular North American. :blush: :clown: :rtfm: :scold: :shootfoot: :sorry: :stupidme: :surrender: and a few others I can think of, too rude to mention here.
Cheers, Chris