SQL Runtime error 3146

Leesha
BronzeLounger

SQL Runtime error 3146

Post by Leesha »

Hi,
I've been working at this all day. I have a db that uses sql serer as the backend table. I'm getting a runtime error 3146 that states (ODBC SQL Server Driver) Option feature not implemented (#0).
IT states that the server is running fine and isn't finding anything on that end. The code blows up when it gets to an append query. It has been running fine for months with no issues. It runs fine on my local latptop. The error only occurs when it is run in the office. Both my local laptop and the one in the office are running the same version of SQL.

I have the current tables on my laptop so it isn't a matter of different data.

Has anyone seen this error?

Thanks,
Leesha

Additional Info, if I right click any of the tables to view the data directly in SQL Server I get an error that the directory name is invalid. It happens in all of the tables. I don't get this error on my home PC sql version. I've updated IT but SQL isn't his strong suit so I'm turning here as well.

Thanks again!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Re: SQL Runtime error 3146

Post by HansV »

Do you know which SQL Server driver is used to connect to the database?
Best wishes,
Hans

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Do you also get errors about datetime overflow?
Best wishes,
Hans

Leesha
BronzeLounger

Post by Leesha »

Hi Sorry Hans, I'm just seeing this as I didn't get a email that there was a response. There were no such errors. I did find a post on the internet of someone having the same issue back in 2006....the could run on their laptop but not over the network. The suggestion was to uninstall SSMS and reinstall. IT did an upgrade and it fixed the issue, thank God. It was a stressful few days to say the least!
Thanks for responding,
Leesha

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I'm glad to hear that you were able to resolve it! :thumbup:
Best wishes,
Hans

Leesha
BronzeLounger

Post by Leesha »

Thanks Hans! Fortunately I've worked with their IT guy for years and he respects my "gut". As much as he was concerned that upgrading could make it worse, it wasn't running anyway. I figured it couldn't be any worse and my gut screamed it wasn't the code.