Amazon.com not displaying correctly on all of my browsers

jmt356
SilverLounger

Re: Amazon.com not displaying correctly on all of my browser

Post by jmt356 »

Where would I find Wireless Network Configuration Properties?
Regards,

JMT

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

Right click on the column chart icon in your tray
Choose Open Network and Sharing Center
Click Connections
In the Connection Status dialog, click Properties
SC1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

jmt356
SilverLounger

Post by jmt356 »

My settings look similar to Leif's.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,

JMT

jmt356
SilverLounger

Post by jmt356 »

I believe I finally found the culprit, after about a year and a half of searching.

In Post=152549, Leif wrote, “What are your DNS server settings for IPv4 and IPv6?” In Post=154109, Rudi explained how to get to the DNS server settings for my Wifi connection. I previously got to that point and saw that my settings looked like those displayed by Leif in Post=152549. I stopped there.

However, I should have gone one step further and selected TCP/IPv4 protocol (not TCP/IPv6) in the list and clicked on "Properties.” There, “Use the following DNS server addresses” was selected. This was causing https://strongdns.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; to interfere with my web browsing and either causing IE to state that Amazon.com could not be displayed or to cause me to reroute me to https://strongdns.com/check" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, which states “Service is not available … Subscribe to our service or extend your subscription, if you'd like to continue.”

To fix this issue, I needed to select “Choose Obtain DNS server address automatically” rather than “Use the following DNS server addresses.” Having done that, the issue appears to now be solved.

Having discovered that Strong VPN Client was still installed on my computer, I contacted Strong VPN to try to figure out how to completely uninstall Strong VPN Client. They gave me these instructions:

1 Close the StrongVPN Client application by clicking "Exit" button.
2 Go to Windows Explorer and enter "%appdata%" (without the quotes) in the address bar.
3 In the window that appears, open the folder .strongvpn and delete all the contents of this folder. Then try running the StrongVPN Client again.
4 Delete DNS settings from your PC, please follow this tutorial http://strongdns.com/kb/answer/39-setti ... ows-8.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and at step 5, choose Obtain DNS server address automatically
Regards,

JMT

hollthor1
NewLounger

Re: Amazon not displaying correctly on all of my browsers

Post by hollthor1 »

FIXED!!!!

I also was having trouble loading the CSS for Amazon and it was just showing me a white screen with a bunch of boxes and hyperlinks out of order. I tried clearing my cookies/history/cache etc. to no avail. This has been a problem for months now anytime I try loading it on my computer only.

HOWEVER! I think I fixed it! I right clicked on the page > Inspect > and saw in the bottom section under Console there were a bunch of "Failed" errors, so I right clicked one > Clear console then cleared my cookies again and reloaded the page and it was back to normal!

Let me know if this works for anyone else. I'm curious if this really solved it. I've been trying for months to get it to load properly.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Amazon.com not displaying correctly on all of my browsers

Post by HansV »

Welcome to Eileen's Lounge and thanks for this tip!
Best wishes,
Hans