Autumnal pizza

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Autumnal pizza

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Eating is, to me, an unnecessary evil, as are equinoctial gales. The first interrupts my reading, writing, or programming while the second interrupts composting.
The solution is pizza!
We all make pizza dough, slice onions, tomatoes and the like, but yesterday I decided that I had had enough of slices of molten tomato sliding on to a paperback book, and emboldened by my essays with pie-making and a love of cheese, elected to roll out a 24" diameter circle of pie-pastry and shred a significant portion of a 450g slab of Mozzarella onto half the circle. I folded the bare half over the filled half, pressed down the edges, and subjected the semi-circle to three minutes in a hot oven.
It came out as a puffed-up (who does that make you think of?) pastry with a serious amount of molten cheese within.
2022_09_20220921_133634.jpg
The cheese layer is visible within the two sheets of pie-pastry at the extreme right of the image above.
2022_09_20220921_133628_HDR.jpg
I elected to continue with slices of tomato, but everything else was subjected to thirty-seconds in my mini-shredder ($US19 at The Bon Ton in Olean NY in 2011). Slices of pepperoni, a Portobello mushroom. Green pepper, ... Only the extra mozzarella cheese was grated by hand.
It came out pretty good; tasty and nowhere near as messy in bed with a book as in the past.

This morning I put it to the supreme test, hacked off a slice and placed it on the grilling tray in one of my three toaster ovens.
Mmmmmm!

Cheers, Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
An expensive day out: Wallet and Grimace

HansV
Administrator

Re: Autumnal pizza

Post by HansV »

No slices of cat? :catty: :evilgrin:
Best wishes,
Hans

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

HansV wrote:
22 Sep 2022, 12:16
No slices of cat? :catty: :evilgrin:
Sorry, not this time.
I was distracted by listening to a track by Felinious Monk. :catty: (" His poorly written birth certificate misspelled his first name as "Thelious" or "Thelius"")
(later)
There again.
I dunno.
I have not yet checked Tom Scott's video on "How pepperoni is made".
Cheers, Chris

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Methinks OMG has reduced the feline population in Bonavista - and perhaps the entire peninsula - to zero already; ergo no cat.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Intel Core i5, 3570K, 3.40 GHz, 16 GB RAM, ECS Z77 H2-A3 Mobo, Windows 10 >HPE 64-bit, MS Office 2016

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

deleted
Last edited by ChrisGreaves on 22 Sep 2022, 18:12, edited 2 times in total.

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

BobH wrote:
22 Sep 2022, 17:08
Methinks OMG has reduced the feline population in Bonavista - and perhaps the entire peninsula - to zero already; ergo no cat.
Bob! You must be kitten!
Picture 024_JupiterAsleep.jpg
Jupiter has been asleep for eleven years, but he is alive forever!
Cheers, Chris
P.S. There IS a fat ginger cat up the street; he/she/it checks out my shed once a month for mice ... but it's just not the same ... C
P.P.S Nabby, David & Kerry's cat, comes to visit me on sunny days, but I make no effort to nab him/her/it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Skitterbug
BronzeLounger

Post by Skitterbug »

Because of your post about pizza, I made one and yes, it was delicious! Our garden is fading fast because of the below freezing temps. :sad: :sad: :sad:
Skitterbug :coffeetime:
A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent.

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Skitterbug wrote:
10 Oct 2022, 23:14
Because of your post about pizza, I made one and yes, it was delicious!
Hi Skitterbug; I am glad to hear this. I made a couple that month - with a cheese pita sandwich and the pulverized fillings on top. I found both of the two pizzas tasty AND less liable to drag fillings from the top and drape them over a book. Then Foodland stopped selling cheese at $4.50 a 400g brick, so I stopped making cheesy pizzas in protest.
There is nothing to stop me making pizzas without cheese unless, of course, I was making pizza only as an excuse to wolf down excessive amounts of cheese.
Our garden is fading fast because of the below freezing temps. :sad: :sad: :sad:
Be of Good Cheer, Gentle Lass!
Consider moving to Bonavista!
Situated as we are like a pimple on the end of a long thin beak of a nose of land that juts into the Atlantic Ocean, we are surrounded by that huge body of water which releases heat as from a massive heat reservoir. Ask any high school student about "The Gulf Stream" and you will be rewarded with a blank look, so head off to the local library ...

Cheers, Chris

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

ChrisGreaves wrote:
22 Sep 2022, 12:14

It came out pretty good; tasty and nowhere near as messy in bed with a book as in the past.

Cheers, Chris
I'm glad I was not eating at the time I read this. It actually made me laugh out loud, which would have expelled anything I had been chewing at the time. :grin:
Regards,
hlewton

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

hlewton wrote:
10 Feb 2023, 12:20
I'm glad I was not eating at the time I read this. It actually made me laugh out loud, which would have expelled anything I had been chewing at the time. :grin:
Hah hah!
What better time can one have than to be reading in bed with a book while eating pizza and laughing at the same time :cheers:
Cheers, Chris

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

ChrisGreaves wrote:
10 Feb 2023, 17:54
hlewton wrote:
10 Feb 2023, 12:20
Hah hah!
What better time can one have than to be reading in bed with a book while eating pizza and laughing at the same time :cheers:
Cheers, Chris
I'm going to have to think about that one. I guess that shows my age, huh? :laugh: :rofl:
Regards,
hlewton