Printer Options

RonH
SilverLounger

Printer Options

Post by RonH »

Software is installed on my W11 pc which offers a range of printing options. The only printer I use is a basic Print/Copy/Scan HP which is set to default.
Can I delete all the others without any issues.

Also it seems that every time Windows has the monthly updates, whilst the printer settings are all correct, colour stops printing. The only solution is to delete/reinstall the pc driver. Would appreciate any suggestions.
Printers.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Printer Options

Post by HansV »

You can certainly remove the others, but do you ever want to save something as PDF? That can be very handy. If you don't have an app that lets you create PDF files such as Adobe Acrobat, I'd keep Microsoft Print to PDF.
Best wishes,
Hans

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

These other options are not doing any harm, and I would just leave them alone. Some of them are likely to come back with future updates anyway.
StuartR

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

Thanks.
Seems none are 'issues' so will leave as is and remember to set printer as default every time I have to reinstall the driver.

If I need a pdf I usually create in Word and 'save as' pdf. Will have to try your recommendation, Hans.
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Word (and other Office applications) have built-in save-to-PDF capability. The Microsoft Print to PDF driver is intended for applications that don't have such capability built-in, for example Paint.
Best wishes,
Hans

Ted Myers
4StarLounger

Post by Ted Myers »

These are the options I have. I use 'Save as PDF' to print most web pages. To print a Wordpad Docx I use CutePDF Writer.
If Microsoft Print to PDF is used, it leaves the 'Save as box' for you to put your name it in yourself.

-
TM.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If it wasn't for bad luck I'd have NO luck at all.
Windows 11 Home 23H2 Laptop

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

Thanks for the tips above
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

Since it is unlikely that you will ever need to create a Microsoft XPS document, you can easily get rid of that entry. Open Control Panel. Go to Programs. Under Program and Features, click on "Turn Windows Features on or off". Scroll down to "Microsoft XPS Document writer". Uncheck the box. OK your way out. Windows will reconfigure itself. You may be required to reboot to finish. I did this and have never had it reappear after any update.
Joe