Memory Integrity Off

RonH
SilverLounger

Memory Integrity Off

Post by RonH »

I have a Windows Security warning stating that there is an incompatible driver stopping the Memory Integrity from being switched on.
I have not installed any new programmes so some kind of software update must have just occurred?

Does anyone know what software it is used with? Reading elsewhere it seems to (perhaps) relate to a DVD driver ... but I do not have DVD facilities on my pc and when rarely needed I plug in a portable version. The driver for this SanDisc is a Microsoft installed driver and is up to date. Should I worry about it :scratch:
Thanks
Driver.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

StuartR
Administrator

Re: Memory Integrity Off

Post by StuartR »

Do you have ANY software from Sonic Solutions on your computer?

You could try booting in safe mode, and then renaming PxHlpa64.sys to .old, and see what that breaks!
StuartR

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

Hei Stuart,
Thanks for reply.
I have done a search and find quite a number of 'Sonics' on board. But looking at properties gives no indication of what they are used with/for. Bit loath to change the name until I can locate exactly what software uses this driver. All these 'Sonic' appear to be very old (2008) versions, though as I mentioned when I go to update Windows tells me that I have the latest.
This 'issue' has only just come up ... grr :groan: Never seen it before so some recent update must be causing it :scratch:
Sonic.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

See PX Engine Description and Download for a list of software that uses the Sonic PX engine.
Best wishes,
Hans

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

Thanks Hans.
A search of my programmes does not list any of these software usages.
I will try to study further, though a bit busy today.
(I should have asked you 'should I just install this package and see what happens?)
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

Hans,
Had a look at this package and the release date seems to be back in 2009 so it seems strange that the Memory Integrity issue has only just occurred. Can you think of any recent MS Windows 11 Update that could have caused this?
Is it safe to just install the package to see what occurs? Of course I will make a Restore Point just in case.
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I think it is caused by the 2022-08 Cumulative Update for Windows 11.
Best wishes,
Hans

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

Yes, I wondered that Hans.
I think maybe I will ignore this particular driver for the time being by selecting 'Ignore'. A bit of a search suggests that the company Sonic was purchased and again changed hands etc so I can't yet track the existing company that 'may' know something about this driver.
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.