Image size for posting

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Re: Image size for posting

Post by stuck »

ChrisGreaves wrote:
04 Jun 2022, 11:38
...Both screen images cover the same area (roughly one square kilometre) but the sizes are roughly five-to-one.
Were I to compress both images to 250KB, the satellite view would shrink to a postage stamp, whereas the map view would be the size of a postcard...
Are you sure? How many pixels wide are these two images?

Ken

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

stuck wrote:
04 Jun 2022, 11:45
Are you sure? How many pixels wide are these two images?
Well OK; "postcard" and "postage stamp" were a pixel of an exaggeration; I wanted to make the point that the sizes would be markedly different, and now that I think of it, even if a display program (such as an html image size instruction to a browser) made them the same display size, a lot of detail might be lost)
File Explorer tells me:=
satellitepixels.png
mappixels.png
I am not surprised that a PrtScr of my display screen is the same size as my laptop display:-
displaysettings.png
If you like I will trial-end-error both images to 250KB, using MSPaint
Cheers, Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

So both images are the same dimensions, 1366 x 768 pixels. Thus if they both have the same ppi they will both display at the same dimensions.

Ken

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

I'm coming a bit late to this thread. Please pardon me if this has been covered and I missed it.

I saw the bit about the RIOT plugin for Irfanview; however, I can't find that plugin identified specifically for Irfanview. I also saw the bit about installing it as a standalone app, but when I found the web page I couldn't find a download that worked. What am I missing? Besides good sense and a young mind, of course.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs