Image size for posting

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Re: Image size for posting

Post by stuck »

ChrisGreaves wrote:
04 Jun 2022, 11:38
...Both screen images cover the same area (roughly one square kilometre) but the sizes are roughly five-to-one.
Were I to compress both images to 250KB, the satellite view would shrink to a postage stamp, whereas the map view would be the size of a postcard...
Are you sure? How many pixels wide are these two images?

Ken

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

stuck wrote:
04 Jun 2022, 11:45
Are you sure? How many pixels wide are these two images?
Well OK; "postcard" and "postage stamp" were a pixel of an exaggeration; I wanted to make the point that the sizes would be markedly different, and now that I think of it, even if a display program (such as an html image size instruction to a browser) made them the same display size, a lot of detail might be lost)
File Explorer tells me:=
satellitepixels.png
mappixels.png
I am not surprised that a PrtScr of my display screen is the same size as my laptop display:-
displaysettings.png
If you like I will trial-end-error both images to 250KB, using MSPaint
Cheers, Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
An expensive day out: Wallet and Grimace

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

So both images are the same dimensions, 1366 x 768 pixels. Thus if they both have the same ppi they will both display at the same dimensions.

Ken

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

I'm coming a bit late to this thread. Please pardon me if this has been covered and I missed it.

I saw the bit about the RIOT plugin for Irfanview; however, I can't find that plugin identified specifically for Irfanview. I also saw the bit about installing it as a standalone app, but when I found the web page I couldn't find a download that worked. What am I missing? Besides good sense and a young mind, of course.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Intel Core i5, 3570K, 3.40 GHz, 16 GB RAM, ECS Z77 H2-A3 Mobo, Windows 10 >HPE 64-bit, MS Office 2016