hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Re: Recording A Zoom Meeting

Post by hlewton »

Leif wrote:
23 May 2022, 12:26
hlewton wrote:
23 May 2022, 12:03
... So, I am not sure Zoom would allow me to record the desktop and the audio instructions while he is sharing my screen.
As Ken/Stuck suggested, wouldn't the best option be to try it and find out yourself? That way, you will know exactly the quality and detail you would be able to capture/record.
Yes, thanks, that is a great idea for Zoom, however the few Zoom meetings I was part of, and never initiated them, the only thing I saw was other people and whatever they pointed their cameras at. That's why I'm not sure Zoom is the way to go. In addition, all of of my friends have less exposure to Zoom than I do. So that, I believe, would make for bad experiments. I'll have to find one of them that uses a laptop and has a camera on it. Maybe I can send my wife to another room and use my laptop to experiment and try sharing my screen with that laptop and see what is recorder.

I just thought, perhaps, there was a better way that I'm not familiar with.
Regards,
hlewton

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

It looks like Zoom should allow you to do what you want
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articl ... te-control
StuartR

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

StuartR wrote:
23 May 2022, 13:14
It looks like Zoom should allow you to do what you want
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articl ... te-control
OK, thank you very much. I didn't see that in what I have read about so far.
Regards,
hlewton

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

Here is a screen shot showing where to enable this (if it isn't already enabled).
This was - again - the free version of Zoom
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
StuartR

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

Thanks for that screenshot.
Regards,
hlewton

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

StuartR wrote:
23 May 2022, 13:20
Here is a screen shot showing where to enable this (if it isn't already enabled).
This was - again - the free version of Zoom
I guess it's a good idea I try to get this straightened out before I actually have to use it. I downloaded and installed Zoom from the link above and not sure what to do. When I click on it I see what is attached in the attachment named Zoom. When I click on the drop-down arrow shown in Zoom attachment, I see what is shown in Zoom1 attachment. Inside the circle you can see it says it is for government users. If I click on the "Sign Up" link in the lower right hand corner of the Zoom1 attachment, I see what is in Zoom2 attachment. I do not see anything similar to what is shown in the above attachments as far as attachments showing Zoom meeting screens.

Did I install the wrong Zoom program? Do I need a Zoom account? If so, nothing I have clicked on so far has offered me the option to create a FREE Zoom account or a Zoom account of any kind.

The Zoom file I downloaded and installed from the above link is named ZoomInstallerFull.exe. I found another site that says it is Zoom for Windows Free and its download file is named ZoomSetup_37608606.msi. I have done nothing except download that file and not sure what my next step should be. Do I need uninstalled the Zoom I installed and start over with the other *.msi file?

Sorry about all the questions but I have no idea what I'm doing and every link I click on when doing a WEB search doesn't help me.
Zoom.jpg
Zoom1.jpg
Zoom2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
hlewton

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

Navigate to https://zoom.us
Click on the button that says SIGN UP, IT'S FREE
Give them the information they ask for to create an account

After you have created your account you can run the Zoom application and log in using the username and password as you used to create the account
You can also sign in using this password on the web and then you can get to the settings that I showed
StuartR

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

StuartR wrote:
23 May 2022, 22:31
Navigate to https://zoom.us
Click on the button that says SIGN UP, IT'S FREE
Give them the information they ask for to create an account

After you have created your account you can run the Zoom application and log in using the username and password as you used to create the account
You can also sign in using this password on the web and then you can get to the settings that I showed
Thank you very much.
Regards,
hlewton

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

StuartR, I appreciate your help and it now is working. Funny thing though, I was at that site yesterday and did not click the SIGN UP, IT'S FREE because the first thing I saw was it asking for my work email address. So I backed out. It appears to be fine and I will now get used to using it. Again, thank you.
Regards,
hlewton