Windows 11 - Running As Administrator

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Windows 11 - Running As Administrator

Post by hlewton »

I have one account on my Windows 11 computer. It has administrator privileges. To me, I take that to mean I am the administrator, which is how I always have my computers built. I have a bat file on my desktop that I have to run occasionally. On my Windows 10 computers all I have to do is double click it. On this Win 11 machine I have to right click it and tell it to run as administrator. Why is that and is there something I can do to get it to run just by double clicking it?

Thanks
Regards,
hlewton

JoeP
SilverLounger

Re: Windows 11 - Running As Administrator

Post by JoeP »

Create a shortcut for the batch file. Then, change the properties in the shortcut to run as administrator. Right click, click on Properties. Then on the Shortcut tab, click the advanced button and then "Run as Administrator".
Joe

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

JoeP wrote:
10 May 2022, 02:08
Create a shortcut for the batch file. Then, change the properties in the shortcut to run as administrator. Right click, click on Properties. Then on the Shortcut tab, click the advanced button and then "Run as Administrator".
Thank you JoeP. I can't seem to do that because I don't see anywhere to tell it to "Run as Administrator". Please see attachment. The dialog box on the left is what I see after clicking on the Advance button. The second attachment is the same thing but I tried to make it bigger so it could be read.
Run Bat File.jpg
Run Bat File1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
hlewton

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

Please ignore the above. I had copied the shortcut I was using from a Windows 10 computer. I made a new shortcut and it gave me the option to Run As Administrator. Thank you very much.
Regards,
hlewton