how to send notifications or reminder from ms access?

siamandm
5StarLounger

how to send notifications or reminder from ms access?

Post by siamandm »

Hello All,
if I have a table for customers, and one column is for loans if the loan reaches a specific amount I would like to receive a reminder every 15 days.

another question: how is possible to send a message to a phone number as a reminder ?!!!

regards

HansV
Administrator

Re: how to send notifications or reminder from ms access?

Post by HansV »

1) You'd need to add a date/time field ReminderSent in the table. Each time you send a reminder, set the value of this field to the current date (or date and time).
You will need to use a form to run the code for sending the reminders. You could place the code in the On Load event of the form, so that it will be executed each time the form is opened. If the form is the startup form of the database, this will automatically occur when the database is opened.
Alternatively, use the On Timer event of the form.
The code would have to open a recordset that selects the records from the table for which the loan is at least the specific amount AND the ReminderSent value is either empty or 15 or more days past.
You can use either DoCmd.SendObject to send a simple message, or automate Outlook if you want more control over the message.

2) See these two videos for sending SMS or WhatsApp messages to a phone from Excel. It's similar for Access:
How To Send SMS Messages From Excel With VBA | Step-by-Step Tutorial
How To Send WhatsApp Messages From Excel Using VBA (Free & Easy)
Best wishes,
Hans

siamandm
5StarLounger

Re: how to send notifications or reminder from ms access?

Post by siamandm »

thank you very much :)
i will try to figure it out if I fail I will come back :)