Fillable PDF

Leesha
BronzeLounger

Fillable PDF

Post by Leesha »

Hi,
I have a user who has a fillable PDF that the send out to clients. Right now they manually put the information into the demographic fields like names etc. Is it possible for Adobe to link to an access table?
Thanks!
Leesha

HansV
Administrator

Re: Fillable PDF

Post by HansV »

As far as I know, you cannot directly fill a PDF form from Access, at least not easily.
You could export a table or query to a tab-delimited text file, though, and import that into the PDF file. The field names of the Access table/query must be exactly the same as the names of the corresponding fillable fields in the PDF file.
Best wishes,
Hans

Leesha
BronzeLounger

Post by Leesha »

Thanks Hans. I had a feeling that would be the answer, but knew if anyone knew how to do it it would be you!

SpeakEasy
4StarLounger

Post by SpeakEasy »

How are they creating the form in the first instance? If using Acrobat, then COM automation for form-filling exists:

https://www.pdfill.com/download/FormsAPIReference.pdf

Ted Myers
4StarLounger

Post by Ted Myers »

Hello Leesha, if I need to put data into a pdf, I put the text & pictures into WordPad then use Cutepdf Writer to print my pdf.
If it wasn't for bad luck I'd have NO luck at all.
Windows 11 Home 23H2 Laptop

Leesha
BronzeLounger

Post by Leesha »

They decided to send a bulk email from the database and attach the fillable pdf and the user will need to put in their name etc.