Paint Problem

Ted Myers
4StarLounger

Paint Problem

Post by Ted Myers »

Hello, I have upgraded to Windows 11. Everything I wanted works except, I lost the Snipping tool but found a substitute.My other problem is, I tried to change colour and lost all. Here is one example.
-
Paint.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If it wasn't for bad luck I'd have NO luck at all.
Windows 11 Home 23H2 Laptop

HansV
Administrator

Re: Paint Problem

Post by HansV »

What did you do in Paint?
Best wishes,
Hans

Ted Myers
4StarLounger

Post by Ted Myers »

All I did was, I clicked it to paste, fix and save a photo.
Got it fixed now. Uninstalled it and got another copy from MajorGeeks.
NotePad has changed to all white as is all others i.e. File Explorer.
-
TM.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

That's Windows 11...
Best wishes,
Hans

Ted Myers
4StarLounger

Post by Ted Myers »

Just as I said in my post. Have tried changing colours, nothing happened. NotePad has also changed.

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

The Snipping Tool is still there in Win 11. Use PrtScr to activate by going to Settings | Accessibility | Keyboard. Or set up a shortcut of your own.

In the new Notepad, you can use the settings to set a dark theme or to use the system theme.
Last edited by JoeP on 18 Feb 2022, 15:54, edited 1 time in total.
Joe

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

If you don't like the light mode, go to Personalization | Colors and choose Dark Mode.

BTW, much feedback in the Feedback Hub about adding a dark mode to Paint. You should go to the Feedback Hub and add your voice. Upvote what is there or add your own Feedback. Whether we like it or not, the Feedback Hub is where Microsoft gets much of its marching directions on priorities from users.
Joe

Ted Myers
4StarLounger

Post by Ted Myers »

Hello Joe, thanks for your help, the part I wanted in snipping tool, was the option to select the border colour or not.
-
This is how it was:-
TM.JPG
-
This is how it is now:-
TM1.png
Having Previewed them before Submitting, it doesn't look much different.
I also found a portable snipping tool that I am experimenting with.

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

If that is something you feel should be in the Snipping Tool, use the Feedback Hub to enter your suggestion. Microsoft uses the Feedback Hub as one of its primary mechanisms to gather information to drive product changes.
Joe

Ted Myers
4StarLounger

Post by Ted Myers »

Thanks Joe, I have solved my Notepad & Paint problem, I'm now back on Windows 10.

DocAElstein
4StarLounger

Post by DocAElstein »

Ted Myers wrote:
19 Feb 2022, 18:45
....solved my Notepad & Paint problem, I'm now back on Windows 10.
hi,
Just passing interest.....
I only recently by chance noticed that, if you are lucky, you may find that you have a version of Snipping Tool in windows 10 , that has what is, at least for my fairly limited screenshot requirements, a rather nice seamless Snipping Tool to Paint button:
https://eileenslounge.com/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=37473
https://www.techrepublic.com/article/ho ... -paint-3d/

Alan
I seriously don’t ever try to annoy. Maybe I am just the kid that missed being told about the King’s new magic suit, :(

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

With the Windows 11 Snipping Tool the "snip" is automatically copied to your clipboard. Then you are offered the ability to "Select here to mark up and share the image". Clicking that will open the "image" in the snipping tool where you may do some very basic editing. Since it is in your clipboard, you can open Paint and paste the image into the Paint canvas. Or you can click the three dots, select "Open with", and then select Paint.
Joe

DocAElstein
4StarLounger

Post by DocAElstein »

JoeP wrote:
24 Feb 2022, 22:16
.... Or you can click the three dots, select "Open with", and then select Paint.
Ah, that was a useful tip. That seems to do something very similar to the windows 10 snipping Tool Paint button. - it basically puts the image quickly into paint, which is what I like/ liked and wanted :) .
The paint in Windows 11 seems to miss a few things I liked in the one that comes up with that windows 10 snipping Tool Paint button, but not much.

By the way, I was quite surprised that Paint often finds its way on to the long list of so called “Bloatware” that gets deleted / de installed , or disabled in a lot of the available “DeBloat scripts”. I had always thought that it was a fairly well used thing. But I expect I lack a more fuller knowledge of the total windows usage: I was even more surprised to see that a lot of these scripts also get rid of Microsoft Office. I really had not expected that. ( It was rather upsetting when one got rid of a version of my Office 2010. Despite having paid a lot of money for the licence and having the original discs, Microsoft make it practically impossible to reinstall it more than a couple of times. :( )
I seriously don’t ever try to annoy. Maybe I am just the kid that missed being told about the King’s new magic suit, :(

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

Those debloat scripts often include any pre-installed software. A trial version of Office suite is often included on new PCs. There is also a separate Office app.
Joe

DocAElstein
4StarLounger

Post by DocAElstein »

Nowadays, I usually take out this code line in code parts listing the stuff to be got rid of
Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub
( https://i.postimg.cc/6q0C8dMx/Dont-Debl ... -maybe.jpg )
I don't know for sure if that is responsible for removing my installed ( by me ) Office. Some info I have seen suggested it might do that, but it was not clear exactly what Office they were talking about. I had a feeling it might be something to do with the free ( pre installed ) trial version, but I am not sure.
As its not so easy to re install my ( by me ) installed Office , I did not want to risk losing my Office ( again ). So I have not tried and tested that issue fully yet.
( The first time one of these scripts removed my installed Office, I had just started using the scripts , blindly , stupidly. I was not as clued up on them as I am now, so I don’t know what was responsible for that back then. Back then I did not know what a PowerShell script was)