User photo no longer showing in reading pane

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

User photo no longer showing in reading pane

Post by BobArch2 »

In the past when viewing an email from a user that was in my Contact List, and one that had a photo included in the Contact List, the photo would appear in the masthead of the message.

Starting about a month ago, the photo no longer shows, but, displays the initials of the contact person. When creating a new email the To: dropdown list would also, in the past, display the user's photo ... but again, displays the initials only.

I have been searching for answers for the past week and have found possible solutions. However, my settings are set to display the photo when present. A check of the Contacts List confirms that photos are attached to the user(s).

I have also performed a SCANPST process and it did not find nor correct any problem associated with this issue.

Has anyone else experienced this glitch and if so, were you able to fix it?

Snapshot attached shows the issue, the Settings panel and version of MS 365 (subscription) version. MS 365 seems to be auto-updated on a weekly basis.
ReadingPaneAndSettings.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Bob

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Re: User photo no longer showing in reading pane

Post by BobArch2 »

Checked with the Outlook Microsoft Support Community and received this reply ...

I'm Diane, an Office Apps & Services MVP specializing in Outlook and an Independent Advisor.

It's a bug and is affecting everyone. If you have a work account and pictures in the AD, you'll see those pics but not ones from contacts.

No indication when a fix will be released ... and, not a serious bug! :grin:
Regards,
Bob

HansV
Administrator

Re: User photo no longer showing in reading pane

Post by HansV »

Thanks for the update!
Best wishes,
Hans