copy & paste issue

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

copy & paste issue

Post by Dave Davison »

Yes! I know the subject title sounds like it should be in WORD but the issue prevails in Outlook. When I copy & past a URL from e.g. Brigtheon into the body of an email wishing to turn it into a hyperlink (blue text) I of course click the "Insert" tab then Hyperlink which - as expected- opens the "Insert Hyperlink" box. Till now because the URL is already on the Clip board, it appeared in the "Address" field so all I've had to do was click OK and the URL in the email turned blue - mission accomplished. Now [impenitently] when I get to the point where I click the Hyperlink button the "Insert Hyperlink" box opens but the "Address" field is blank. This despite the fact that the URL is still on the clipboard, if I right click and select "Paste" it instantly appears in the body of the email, see screen shot. If I right click the "Address" field in the "Insert Hyperlink box" then paste nothing appears BUT the URL is still on the clipboard. Hope that is clear, any suggestions to remedy this annoying fault please? :thankyou:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Re: copy & paste issue

Post by HansV »

I have moved this topoic from the Windows Live Mail/Outlook Express forum to the Outlook forum because ... it is about Outlook.
Best wishes,
Hans

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Try pasting the address immediately into the body of the email message instead of via the Insert Hyperlink dialog. When you press Space, Tab or Enter, the address should be turned into a hyperlink automatically.
Best wishes,
Hans

DaveA
GoldLounger

Post by DaveA »

The way HansV has posted is the way I have done this since Outlook95 and has always worked.
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

I appreciate it could not seem easier but following those brief instructions does not turn the pasted url into blue text ?????

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

In Outlook 2007:

Click the Office button and select Editor Options at the bottom.
Under Proofing, click AutoCorrect Options...
Activate the AutoFormat As You Type tab.
Tick the Internet and network paths with hyperlinks' check box.
Click OK.
Best wishes,
Hans

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

Considering my slowness to grasp terms which are a mere doddle even for kids today, thanks to your concise directions I eventually go to the box that needed the simple tick and sumount this mole hill of a problem. Sincere thanks Hans, always there for a struggling oldie, another tiny, but significant feather in my cap. Regards Dave.