Brother Printer Model HL-2270DW

BobH
UraniumLounger

Brother Printer Model HL-2270DW

Post by BobH »

We recently bought a used Brother Model HL-2270DW laser printer. It performed flawlessly until it ran out of paper. When I replenished the paper tray I put too much paper in and caused a problem.

At first, the printer's motor would come on it it would try to feed a sheet but failed and the ERROR light lit a steady RED color. I couldn't get it to do anything but that. I couldn't even get it to print the sample pages. I found a solution HERE that, when applied, allowed me to print test pages. Alas, it still will not print pages that I want. The pages appear in print queue but no amount of Resume or Restart will get them to go to the printer.

I've continued to search on line without effect. I'm hoping that someone here can offer suggestions that will allow me to get past this issue.

:cheers: :chocciebar: :thankyou:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Intel Core i5, 3570K, 3.40 GHz, 16 GB RAM, ECS Z77 H2-A3 Mobo, Windows 10 >HPE 64-bit, MS Office 2016

JoeP
SilverLounger

Re: Brother Printer Model HL-2270DW

Post by JoeP »

Try clearing out your print queue. Remove and reinstall the printer. Try printing again.
Joe

jolas
3StarLounger

Post by jolas »

I think you posted this problem before but you were asking about installing new drivers over the old ones, if I remember it right.

This seem to be a hardware problem related to paper feed as the fixed red error message from the printer.

I posted before one possible solution without opening the printer. In some case this is enough but if the problem persist it is most likely the Feeder Cam Lever is misplaced or part of it is broken.

It maybe this piece of Feeder Cam Lever is the culprit. If a certain part not nicked, it can be reset to its proper place, otherwise it may need to be replace.

If you like tinkering then this entails opening the left side of the printer and resetting the position of the Feeder Cam Lever or replacing it with new one if the tip part is broken. Although the model of the printer is different it is pretty much the same all many brother printer including your HL-2270DW. At about 1:43 minutes of the video you will see which part of the Feeder Cam Lever is broken.

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Yes, I posted about this problem before. It would not feed paper at all then. I found the solution to that as posted above, with the link to the solution. Having fixed the problem with it not feeding paper, I have uncovered a problem with it not printing. The print queue shows jobs but I cannot get them to print to a 'ready' printer.

In trying to follow Joe's advice to delete the printer and driver as a solution, I've uncovered yet another aspect of the situation. I have deleted the printer. It no longer appears in Settings>Devices and Printers; however, when I try to delete the driver preparatory to installing a freshly downloaded driver, I get a message saying that the printer is still in use despite it not showing in devices (nor in device manager).

I believe that the problem is in the software, ie, WIn10 thinks it has the printer when I try to delete the driver but does not show the printer in device settings. Rather a circular logic problem, if you will.

I have tried powering off the printer and the PC the starting the PC then the printer to no avail. The same symptoms return.

Maybe a fresh set of eyes on the morrow will allow for some progress. At least today I got the paper feed issue identified and fixed.

:hairout: :hairout: :hairout:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Intel Core i5, 3570K, 3.40 GHz, 16 GB RAM, ECS Z77 H2-A3 Mobo, Windows 10 >HPE 64-bit, MS Office 2016

jolas
3StarLounger

Post by jolas »

Create a stop-start print spool batch file using notepad with the following code and run as an administrator

net stop spooler
del %systemroot%\System32\spool\printers\* /Q /F /S
net start spooler

This is a quick way to kill the print job or stop a lengthy botch print job.

Brother printers has a webui at http://ipaddress:80/ and it defaults to admin:access username:password combination. Here you can find many configuration information and even the status of the printer. Maintenance information that maybe useful in finding the printer issue as it record the last 10 error history, etc.

Hope this helps.

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

The printer problem is resolved. It, once again, does my bidding! :grin:

I completely disconnected the device and powered it off. I then went through all Windows 10 settings I could find for printers and removed those things that were removable. I then removed the driver for the device (from Settings, etc.) I then reconnected the printer and powered it on then installed a freshly downloaded driver. The device then appeared as selectable during print operations in various software. This time, the print jobs did not hang up in the print queue.

Thank you all for the suggestions.

:cheers: :chocciebar: :thankyou:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)