I'm trying for a New World Record

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

I'm trying for a New World Record

Post by ChrisGreaves »

David Blaine's recent attempt NOT to break a record for balloon ascent (24,900 feet)
NOR for the number of balloons,
NOR for the longest/highest parachute fall
NOR for the greatest number of projectiles dropped from any altitude,
but for the number of viewers of a live YouTube feed of an otherwise non-record-breaking event has made me realize that it is not so much what you do(1), but how many people pay attention to what you do.

So this thread is my attempt to set NOT a Guinness Book of records of YouTube etc. etc. etc. but a humble attempt to set a new Eileen's Lounge record for the SMALLEST number of responses to a purposeful Scuttlebutt thread.

I hasten to point out (before the queries start flowing in) that this thread will/should have NO impact on my zucchini-records thread, or on my upcoming number-and-mass-of rocks-extracted-from-a-garden thread.

Please help me set a new record for Eileen's lounge, by not responding to this thread.

P.S. I add that in this (hopefully one-post) thread I am not indulging in any stupid statements such as ""It's like magic, it feels like I'm floating in the air,"" while floating in the air attached to balloons. I mean, :doh: !

P.P.S. If you want to know how one "gradually drops weights" please post your enquiry in a separate thread.

P.P.P.S Since I have no plans to return to Toronto I shall, this winter, be locked in a block of ice for the third year in a row, without comblaineing(2) about it, so please don't ask.

Thank you
Chris
(1) So, for example, we are not trying to beat the record for the number of post-scripts (which when you think about it have to be, by definition, part of the script in the first place) or sub-scripted footnotes.
(2) Or for that matter, chillblaineing about it.
C

Status report September 17, 2020: 167 views and no responses.
Status report October 01, 2020: 271 views and no responses.
Status report November 01, 2020: 511 views and no responses.
Status report December 01, 2020: 655.9 views and no responses.
Last edited by ChrisGreaves on 03 Sep 2020, 19:31, edited 5 times in total.
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle