About Renamer Lite

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

About Renamer Lite

Post by hlewton »

Rudi wrote:
02 Apr 2010, 13:47
Hi,

This is one of the best file renamers that I have ever come across. It provides almost every conceivable option to rename multiple files, showing previews of the names before you hit the button. It also pre-warns of any naming conflicts before the rename process.
1. ReNamer (Ver:5.50)
2. Links: Easy Download Site: http://www.snapfiles.com/get/denrenamer.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I know I am late to this thread but I just ran across it. I also see it is from 2010. Do you still use and recommend it. For a few years I have been using a program called Bulk File Changer and was curious if you know how they compare. Thanks
Regards,
hlewton

BobH
UraniumLounger

Re: About Renamer Lite

Post by BobH »

I'm not Rudi, but why don't you just download Renamer and compare it with your software? It's free.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Intel Core i5, 3570K, 3.40 GHz, 16 GB RAM, ECS Z77 H2-A3 Mobo, Windows 10 >HPE 64-bit, MS Office 2016

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

BobH wrote:
15 Aug 2020, 18:04
I'm not Rudi, but why don't you just download Renamer and compare it with your software? It's free.
I did download it but since the post I saw was dated in 2010 I wondered if it would still be recommended for today/s Windows 10. This why I was hesitant about installing it.
Regards,
hlewton

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

BobH wrote:
15 Aug 2020, 18:04
WOW I downloaded and am trying to use the free version of this product. Help files apparently are not included in it and I have not been able to figure out how you use it to change multiple file names. I still like the ease of Bulk File Changer since I can figure out how to use it.
Regards,
hlewton

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

I take it back there were help files in the folder where ReNamer was unzipped. There might as well not have been because after reading them I still cannot figure out how to rename multiple files. I don't see any hint of doing that in the help files either, nothing I can make any sense of anyhow.
Regards,
hlewton

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

I did find a video and managed to successfully batch change multiple files. It wasn't all that intuitive to me because I didn't recognize the terms they used to accomplish this and how to use their rules was not at all intuitive to me. But I think I have at least got a beginners handle on it now.
Regards,
hlewton

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I have split the above sequence of posts from the "Best FREE Software" thread - that thread is intended to recommend software, not to discuss it extensively; it is long enough as it is.
Best wishes,
Hans

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

HansV wrote:
15 Aug 2020, 19:59
I have split the above sequence of posts from the "Best FREE Software" thread - that thread is intended to recommend software, not to discuss it extensively; it is long enough as it is.
I'm sorry I didn't realize that.
Regards,
hlewton

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Thanks for the report. Your information will help someone in future who is considering this when they do a search on ReNamer.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Intel Core i5, 3570K, 3.40 GHz, 16 GB RAM, ECS Z77 H2-A3 Mobo, Windows 10 >HPE 64-bit, MS Office 2016

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

TX Hans, and no problem hlewton. You were not aware initially that it would become a discussion. :smile:

For years I have used Renamer and considered it a REALLY great rename application. It is still an excellent product, but I have (recently, in the last year) switch to RenameMaster as Renamer's lite (or free) version has become more restrictive prompting users more and more to the paid for version. RenameMaster is a very good alternative and is completely free and has the the same control and options as Renamer.
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

Rudi wrote:
17 Aug 2020, 05:38
TX Hans, and no problem hlewton. You were not aware initially that it would become a discussion. :smile:

For years I have used Renamer and considered it a REALLY great rename application. It is still an excellent product, but I have (recently, in the last year) switch to RenameMaster as Renamer's lite (or free) version has become more restrictive prompting users more and more to the paid for version. RenameMaster is a very good alternative and is completely free and has the the same control and options as Renamer.
Thank you for that information. Have you ever looked into Advanced Renamer here https://www.advancedrenamer.com/. It seems like it may be a good program too but I'm sure it will also try to persuade you to buy it.
Regards,
hlewton

ErikJan
5StarLounger

Post by ErikJan »

I've been using "1-4a Rename" for many years (https://www.1-4a.com/rename/). It's a standalone single EXE, it's freeware and it can do 99.9% of what I ever wanted.