Robocopy only some folders

Timelord
4StarLounger

Robocopy only some folders

Post by Timelord »

I have a NAS device with a directory tree that I need to copy to a NetApp location. I want to copy all the folders in 1 location to the new location but there are 964 folders. The total data is about 18TB so 1 robocopy job would take a while. I would like to run multiple robocopies but not 1 for each folder. Is it possible to setup a robocopy that does a group of folders. (expect no, but checking and no, the company will not allow free software to be used. Very secure)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Who will you Inspire today?

JoeP
SilverLounger

Re: Robocopy only some folders

Post by JoeP »

Have you experimented with the XD switch? It is used to exclude directories. For example, /XD V01 should exclude all directories form V010 through V019. You may specify multiple exclusions per Robocopy execution.

From what I've been able to find there is some disagreement on whether or not wildcards may be used in directory specifications.
Joe

Timelord
4StarLounger

Re: Robocopy only some folders

Post by Timelord »

That is a great idea. It never occurred to me to using exclusion, I was trying to do a selection. Thanks for reminding me to come at issues from multiple directions!
Who will you Inspire today?