Command line password change

BOOBALAN.V
5StarLounger

Command line password change

Post by BOOBALAN.V »

Dear Community,

In my company system, I am trying to change my password through command line by using "net user username *". It shows that command completed successfully. But when try to login with changed password it doesn't work. One more thing is my user name is some id. For example U188356 something like that. Its not showing when I use command "net user". But, if use Ctrl + Alt + Delete and change password option. Its working. Why its not working when I trying to use command line. Kindly tell me. How they have configured my systems. Why its not showing my login id when I use "net user"

JoeP
SilverLounger

Re: Command line password change

Post by JoeP »

Net User shows accounts on that computer. If your account is a domain account it won't show there. Also, you'd need to use the /domain switch to change the password on a domain account.
Joe

BOOBALAN.V
5StarLounger

Post by BOOBALAN.V »

Thank you so much for your kind reply sir. I am trying to change my password with domain option. It shows the error. I have attached the picture for reference. In this case what to do sir?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

Is this from an elevated command prompt?
Joe

BOOBALAN.V
5StarLounger

Post by BOOBALAN.V »

Thanks for your kind reply sir. You are right sir. When I execute the command in command prompt it shows like this error sir.

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

Is it an ELEVATED command prompt?
Joe

BOOBALAN.V
5StarLounger

Post by BOOBALAN.V »

Thanks for your kind reply sir. Yes sir you are right. This is elevated command prompt. But still it's showing that access denied. I think I don't have domain controller permission.