WSUS Offline tool

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

WSUS Offline tool

Post by ChrisGreaves »

I have d/l the download tool from the WSUS Offline tool web site and the download tool is now grabbing stuff at a rate of lotsa-BPS.
I recently bought a new (but old model) laptop and do not want to spend two months on updates (as I did two years ago last April).
Has anyone used this device (WSUS Offline tool) to grab the updates prior to installing them?

Yesterday I managed to burn a System restore image to a DVD (264MB free!) and have my bootable system restore disk. I have a 100MB drive with a few snapshot images on it.

I plan to run these downloaded patches overnight and will report back here, Real Soon Now.

Cheers
Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Re: WSUS Offline tool

Post by ChrisGreaves »

ChrisGreaves wrote:I have d/l the download tool from the WSUS Offline tool web site and the download tool is now grabbing stuff at a rate of lotsa-BPS.
Well, that didn't take long!
Stopped after 7 minutes.
It seems that there is mis-communication between MS and the outside world.
http://forums.wsusoffline.net/viewtopic.php?p=26321#p26321

Since the original zip file is intact I have patched the unzipped TXT file and restarted the download.
Cheers
Chris

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Re: WSUS Offline tool

Post by ChrisGreaves »

ChrisGreaves wrote:I have d/l the download tool from the WSUS Offline tool web site and the download tool is now grabbing stuff at a rate of lotsa-BPS.
It finished just before I left the library (log file attached)
Ninety minutes d/l over the library's Free WiFi, and that includes my not noticing a problem (twice) in the d/l.

Now to see what happens when I get home ...

Cheers
Chrids
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.