OneDrive stops syncing

Jeff H
4StarLounger

OneDrive stops syncing

Post by Jeff H »

Well, it's me again. :dizzy:
When I save large files, like videos I take on my phone, it takes a long time for them to sync to OneDrive because I have DSL. In fact, it tends to slow down my wife's and my internet surfing significantly. So I try to do the sync at a time when neither of us is online.

The problem is, it seems that as soon as my computer goes to sleep, the sync stops. Is there a way for me to ensure that it can run in the background?

Thanks,
- Jeff

DaveA
GoldLounger

Re: OneDrive stops syncing

Post by DaveA »

I never use any of the sleep, hibernate or suspend functions on any of may computers
It is one of the first things I turn off on any new computer.
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

There is a request to add an option for this: Prevent sleep until sync is done option. If it gets enough votes, Microsoft may take it up.
Best wishes,
Hans

Jeff H
4StarLounger

Post by Jeff H »

Only 165 votes so far (including the 3 I just added). Not exactly storming the castle!

While we're waiting for Microsoft to hear the voice of the masses, is there a way to turn off sleep and hibernation, but have just the monitor turn off AND, more importantly, lock the computer? There's a certain 9 year old grandchild who knows enough to be dangerous and loves to use any unattended computer he finds. I just tried manually locking (Ctrl + Alt + Del, Lock) but it just went to screen saver then right back to my work without requiring logon. Same when I closed the lid.

I'm using Windows Hello and I have my computer set to display the logon screen whenever I open the lid. I'd like to keep that setting and allow the computer to continue running when plugged in.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

In the Power and Sleep settings, set the screen to turn off after some minutes, but never to sleep:
S2156.png
In the screen saver settings, tick the check box "On resume, display logon screen"
S2157.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

Jeff H
4StarLounger

Post by Jeff H »

Yep, that'll do it!

Thanks Hans.