Another Screen Capturer (Free)

Rudi
gamma jay

Another Screen Capturer (Free)

Post by Rudi »

I've just come across ShareX (although it seems to have been around for 10 years already!)

I use PicPick, but ShareX seems to be even better that this. As a matter of fact, I'm tempted to say it looks like the best screen capturer I've found to date...and I've used many (being integral to my work). I'm going to continue testing this app, but it looks amazing!!!

If you use a screen capturer often, ShareX is certainly something to test out!

Note: The app is called "ShareX", so it is set to "share" content by default! If you want to use it as a local screen capturer, you can disable the share settings for each individual capture option...or you can disable them all in one go with this main "advanced" setting:
explorer_2018-02-28_12-02-04.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

Claude
cheese lizard

Re: Another Screen Capturer (Free)

Post by Claude »

I'll be interested to read your report. I've been using a registered version of PicPick for a long time and am perfectly happy with it but am always open for suggestions of better products. I mainly use it to capture sections of a screen, like this:
picpick.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers, Claude.

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

I'll make sure to add more details as I continue to use it over time. In the meantime, here is a 6 month old report/review of ShareX from Windows Central. Note: I can already see some changes and improvements based on comparing the screen shots in the review and the version I'm using v12.0.
Regards,
Rudi

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

I've been experimenting with the screen recorder and the GIF recorder. WOW!!

Instead of just screen shots, I now have the ability to produce either a short video (*.mp4) of a solution to a requested issue... or I can record a GIF file that plays the recorded clip. Both work wonderfully and it opens the scope to my support in my workplace to include these animated captures.

I'm really impressed now!

Here is a very short sample that I've had to resize real small to get it to the lounge upload size; but it gives a little peek into the recorder...
Test.gif
Regards,
Rudi

dasadler
5StarLounger

Post by dasadler »

I was going to ask how it compared to Faststone Capture then I came across this comparison; thought it might be of interest to the group.
Don

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Thanks; unfortunately each utility has been rated on different criteria than the other...
Best wishes,
Hans