Send Text messages

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Send Text messages

Post by Dave Davison »

Still using an ancient Nokia mobile, need to send a text to someone on our allotment waiting list who is NOT on my contacts list, can this be done without adding the number to the said list please? :scratch: Dave.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Send Text messages

Post by HansV »

Once can usually type the phone number of the recipient in addition to selecting a contact...
Best wishes,
Hans

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

Thanks Hans.....trial and error has many times got me past a hurdle so will go down that route and see what happens. Cheers Dave.

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

Hi Dave,

I agree with Hans. No matter how new or old the phone is, one would be able to send a text message to any other mobile (cell) phone by typing the number and selecting to text instead of call from the options or the menu commands. As a matter of fact, it might be easier to first go to the text messaging feature on your phone and then choose to create a new message. In the area to select the recipient, simply type their number instead of selecting from your contacts. Then press send...
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

As ever........appreciate the comments, wend down that road Rudi, typed the short text message then "Send" next instead of selecting "Contacts" I scrolled down and discovered "Number" so typed in the casual number and off it went. Thanks....Dave.