Current version of Win 7

JoeP
SilverLounger

Re: Current version of Win 7

Post by JoeP »

I would not take the word of the tech at face value. Often first line support people are measured on how many calls they "resolve" on the first contact. That leads to quick, incomplete analysis and snap conclusions.

Examining the processor capabilities is one of the things the upgrade assistant should do and catch any problems. You need to examine the various log files mentioned to find out what the problem really is.
Joe

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

Also, check Get help with Windows 10 upgrade and installation errors for additional information
Joe

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

HansV wrote:...Windows 7 SP1 is currently in the extended support phase. This means that there won't be feature updates anymore, but you'll still get monthly security updates. ..
Thanks Hans.

About a year ago I got myself involved in Win7 updates that ran for four ot five hours. Worse tales were told in other forums.

Does the "extended support phase" mean that the days of day-long updates is now gone?

(signed) "I've been too scared to go back there" of Toronto
(co-signed) "The library kicks me off the free WiFi after twelve hours anyway" also of Toronto.
An expensive day out: Wallet and Grimace

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Updating being slow was a technical problem that didn't have to do anything with the support level for Windows 7. Microsoft never revealed the real cause...
Best wishes,
Hans

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

HansV wrote:Updating being slow was a technical problem that didn't have to do anything with the support level for Windows 7. Microsoft never revealed the real cause...
OK.
Thanks (I think!) Hans. :grin:
An expensive day out: Wallet and Grimace