Task Reminder Time Wrong

Ailios
Lounger

Task Reminder Time Wrong

Post by Ailios »

Ever since I upgraded my Office 2003 to Office 2007, the reminder time for tasks has been off. At first I thought it was because the tasks were created in the prior version of Outlook so I deleted and created them fresh. But the time is still off. For example, I have a repeating reminder scheduled for 8:30 a.m. weekdays. It comes up in the morning about an hour late and in the reminder window is says "due in 7 hours" or sometimes I think says 8 hours.

I checked my time zones and confirmed they are correct and the same in Outlook, on my computer, on the mail server, and on my domain servers. I also tried the "outlook.exe /cleanreminders" trick but that didn't make any difference.

I've come up short on solutions using Google. Has someone encountered this that has an answer?
Daisy

HansV
Administrator

Re: Task Reminder Time Wrong

Post by HansV »

Have you checked the DST settings on the various computers?

The due time that you mention is an Outlook 2007 "feature" - tasks are now always due at the end of the business day, regardless of the reminder time.
Best wishes,
Hans

Ailios
Lounger

Post by Ailios »

HansV wrote:The due time that you mention is an Outlook 2007 "feature" - tasks are now always due at the end of the business day, regardless of the reminder time.
That's going to task some getting use to. And I anticipate it'll be hard to explain to my users who've had it the other way for so many years.
Daisy

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

You can always trust the Office developers to come up with new ways to confuse people...
Best wishes,
Hans

Wendell
4StarLounger

Post by Wendell »

If you make your task an appointment, then it can have a different end time. I guess the Outlook developers figured if you had a task that needed to be done on a given day, then you had all day to finish it. And I suspect if you change the default workday to something other than 8 to 5, then you may see other interesting behaviors. But I'm still puzzled as to why the reminder is coming up an hour late. I have a recurring task every Thursday that has a 7AM reminder, and it works flawlessly (in Outlook 2007). Note that appointments do have a time zone setting for each appointment - if that gets inadvertnently set, it can cause problems.
Wendell
You can't see the view if you don't climb the mountain!