Windows Live Mail 2012

spetho2001
NewLounger

Re: Windows Live Mail 2012

Post by spetho2001 »

DaveA wrote:YES, some of the other platforms do not support Outlook.
But, the PC Windows version is the FULL suite.

Have a look at http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msu ... are_Office" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Home package in the first column.
Dave, The version I am talking about is Office Home & Business 2016 $229.00 1 PC see
http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msu ... _ModF_HB16" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I am determined not to pay Microsoft for a subscription. The price for this version of Office is kind of high but no higher than in previous years. I do not like the fact that you can only use on one PC but I believe that has always been the case. I have 3 PC's. Two Windows PC's, a laptop and a desktop. I also have a Google ChromeBook. On the Windows PCs I have Office 2007 and Office 2010. Although I have not purchased Office in years the mail client with Microsoft has always been a problem. Years ago OUTLOOK as an email client used to be included with OFFICE and they did away with that. Then you had to download Windows Live Essentials to get the email client. Now they are going back the other way and (I believe) getting rid of Windows Live. Outlook.com will not work with Windows Live Mail 2012 as of June 30, 2016. Other web email will but not Microsoft. THEIR email won't work with THEIR own client. No problem with GOOGLE web email (@gmail.com) and I believe if you have Google Chrome installed you have the GMAIL client. The way it should be! Microsoft is awful as far as I am concerned.
Also I am looking at the reviews on the Microsoft Store website for the Office Home & Business 2016 that I referred to and they are awful.
So I am leaning towards NO client. The only problem I am having with that is when I click on some "CONTACT US" links on some websites the link wants to bring up your email client and will not bring up your web based email and if the website is not giving you the address you don't know how to contact them.
Thanks Dave,
TomS

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Outlook is included with most versions of Microsoft Office. The only exceptions are the Office Home and Student edition, introduced in Office 2007, and the short-lived Office 2010 Starter Edition.

In the past, it was allowed to install the retail version of Microsoft Office on 2 devices: your main computer and a portable device (laptop). Starting with Office 2013, you need a separate license for each computer. So if you have 3 computers, you need 3 licenses.

The most basic subscription version, Office 365 Personal (US$70/year), is also limited to 1 device, but Office 365 Home (US$100/year) can be installed on up to 5 devices (PCs and/or Macs). Both versions include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, and on PCs also Access and Publisher.
Best wishes,
Hans

spetho2001
NewLounger

Post by spetho2001 »

HansV wrote:Outlook is included with most versions of Microsoft Office. The only exceptions are the Office Home and Student edition, introduced in Office 2007, and the short-lived Office 2010 Starter Edition.

In the past, it was allowed to install the retail version of Microsoft Office on 2 devices: your main computer and a portable device (laptop). Starting with Office 2013, you need a separate license for each computer. So if you have 3 computers, you need 3 licenses.

The most basic subscription version, Office 365 Personal (US$70/year), is also limited to 1 device, but Office 365 Home (US$100/year) can be installed on up to 5 devices (PCs and/or Macs). Both versions include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, and on PCs also Access and Publisher.
I am not paying Microsoft $100.00 a year for anything. I have Office 2007 now. I am not buying a new Operating System (and that is what it is) every year. The mail client should be included with WINDOWS.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Microsoft does include a mail client with Windows now (Windows 8, 8.1, 10), but let's not argue about that. Mozilla Thunderbird has been mentioned as a free mail client in this thread.
Best wishes,
Hans

spetho2001
NewLounger

Post by spetho2001 »

MICROSOFT
Office Home & Business 2016 1 PC 229.99
It comes with Outlook ?[/quote]
and I might note that you can purchase at Walmart.com for 193.00 + 13.51 tax = $219.19