QuickTime on W10 'All Apps'

RonH
SilverLounger

QuickTime on W10 'All Apps'

Post by RonH »

For some reason I seem to have two Quicktime App links on my 'All Apps' though I only have one installed programme.
Quicktime.jpg
Any ideas? Or should I simply uninstall/reinstall?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

HansV
Administrator

Re: QuickTime on W10 'All Apps'

Post by HansV »

Could it be a 32-bit version and a 64-bit version? Anyway, if it bothers you, you could try to uninstall/reinstall. Otherwise, I'd simply ignore it.
Best wishes,
Hans

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

Hei Hans,
I can't find two versions .exe eg 32/64 bit and it functions OK so will leave as is for now. Perhaps it is something to do with the Apple Updater which is also installed.
I rarely use Quicktime so no big deal.
Thanks for your reply.
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

Apple does not have a version of QuickTime which they say is for Windows 10. QuickTime 7.7.9 for Windows is the latest on their site. Perhaps they need to update the QT installer to work properly with Windows 10.

Joe
Joe

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

Thanks Joe. That's the version installed. Interestingly when I checked the Apple Updater I had to complete the process 2x before it agreed that I was 'up to date'.
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.